Micronations

CelesteAdAstra

CelesteAdAstra

Inspired by the "Flags and Vexillology" thread, so that we don't derail that one completely.

A place to discuss micronations of any sort.

What's your favourite one? Are you a citizen? Do you have your own?

I wish I had my own! But I'm way too disorganised 😂

CelesteAdAstra

My favourites are:

The Republic of Molossia

and the Principality of Wy

I wanted to make an asexual only micronation.

But it's kinda hard to do when your basically the only asexual in the town of 5,000 people that I know of.

Then another micronation I want to make is in the mountains with our own mini runway, wells, golfcarts, and greenhouses built to hold 40 people.

Also one trip I want to make is to visit all micronations in the Pacific northwest.

CelesteAdAstra

I once figured that I'm actually eccentric enough to have my own, so I made up my own nation (but never made any websites or more serious stuff for it). It's called "The Kingdom of Arkady-Celestia", and guess who's the High Queen 😂. I claim my room, an area on Mercury and a part of the Mariana Trench. Everyone's welcome, as long as they bring a positive attitude with them, or are at least willing to leave with one 😄

Captain_Tass

Can we all work together to make a micronation? First order of business is complete recognition of nonbinary genders and X gender markers.

(Still a bit pissed off that Sealand doesn't have nonbinary options for its nobility titles -the terms already exist- or an X gender marker -as far as I can tell, I'm not about to pay 25€ just so that I can only see an M and an F option-. Yeah, not the best reason to want to make a micronation, but I'm sick and tired of being misgendered because of a gendered mother tongue that doesn't accomodate my existence and having a legally nonexistent gender identity.)

CelesteAdAstra
2 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Can we all work together to make a micronation? First order of business is complete recognition of nonbinary genders and X gender markers.

(Still a bit pissed off that Sealand doesn't have nonbinary options for its nobility titles -the terms already exist- or an X gender marker -as far as I can tell, I'm not about to pay 25€ just so that I can only see an M and an F option-. Yeah, not the best reason to want to make a micronation, but I'm sick and tired of being misgendered because of a gendered mother tongue that doesn't accomodate my existence and having a legally nonexistent gender identity.)

If you like Ladonia, citizenships are actually free, and my passport doesn't have any gender on it

Captain_Tass
4 minutes ago, CelesteAdAstra said:

If you like Ladonia, citizenships are actually free, and my passport doesn't have any gender on it

Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Anthracite_Impreza

We love to drive and explore far too much to join a micronation, but they'd make a nice holiday ;)

Alawyn-Aebt

I made one three years ago, I was the only citizen ever but it was fun for the 9-ish months it was active. I got around to writing laws, making symbols, making a language, and even making a website (courtesy of Google sites, I even have an official gmail account for it) before I decreed it inactive and ceased doing anything with it. I should probably restart it and at least finish the website. I called it the 'Archduchy of Leyria', until I decided to dump the Archduke and go the 'Commonwealth of Leyria'.

Sadly it appears the micronation forum I used to visit (I never had an account, but I read it avidly) seems to have closed, as do many of the other ones I knew about.

Does anyone else ever gravitate to running fantasy or sci-fi/role playing/fan fic nations/kingdoms? Creating worlds is a common trend for that kind of thing, but actually designing nations... more rare.

Janus the Fox

Sealand has rather been a particular curiosity.

4 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Does anyone else ever gravitate to running fantasy or sci-fi/role playing/fan fic nations/kingdoms? Creating worlds is a common trend for that kind of thing, but actually designing nations... more rare.

Yeah, I have created micro-nations and other fictional geographical/political/etc entities for games. I also enjoy good fictional micro-nations, such as the Duchy of Grand Fenwick and Ruritania and various fictional micro-nations in old tv shows and movies. I also like real world micro-nations that are recognized by other countries and the UN and such, like San Marino, Monaco and Andorra.

Archived