Can I marry

Asex92

Hello

I am 27 male who is asexual. I used to have fetish before which is macrophilia( mainly toward giant men )  but now I don’t feel I like the fetish like before and I am not interested on it anymore.

I want to marry because I want to have child.Also, I have good romantic bond with some girls but I don’t feel attracted to them sexually!!!

is it possible for asexual person to have successful  marriage ?

please help me!

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Asexual Relationships'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

NickyTannock

@Asex92 Welcome to AVEN!

Yes, it is possible.

But it takes a lot of effort for a marriage to be successful.

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to offer to help, as in my case, I've never had a romantic relationship, let alone a marriage.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Dusk Forest Chapel Cake,

u9z61xi06yfjovsnfxmj.jpg

letusdeleteouraccounts

I always advise asexuals to date other asexuals because you dating a sexual is a very hard thing to work out. It’s almost garunteed to have tons of stress, frustration, and unhappiness on both sides

Mandelbrotina
On 7/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, Asex92 said:

Hello

I am 27 male who is asexual. I used to have fetish before which is macrophilia( mainly toward giant men )  but now I don’t feel I like the fetish like before and I am not interested on it anymore.

I want to marry because I want to have child.Also, I have good romantic bond with some girls but I don’t feel attracted to them sexually!!!

is it possible for asexual person to have successful  marriage ?

please help me!

I have the same fetish towards both sexes, mostly men, and I am ace and married to a non-ace man. He has a low sex drive, and is accepting of my asexuality and biromanticism. There are so many ways of showing you love someone, and when he is in the mood, I will engage sexually with him for the intimacy, not the enjoyment of the sex. Every relationship has compromises, but I actually don't even feel like we are making any compromises. We make a good team, and I know there is a woman out there for you (plenty, trust me). A lot of women, particularly gray aces who are romantic want children as well. It's actually, ironically, very sexy to many women when a man is not interested in sex; makes them feel safe and respected. I hope I gave you some hope, and just know, there's nothing wrong with you. Now get out there and charm some lucky ladies!!

6 hours ago, Mandelbrotina said:

It's actually, ironically, very sexy to many women when a man is not interested in sex; makes them feel safe and respected.

I wouldn't consider it sexy.  But I do feel safe and respected.  I don't consider that having anything to do with my partner's sexuality though.  That implies that sexuals are inherently more dangerous and problematic.

But to answer the original question, I wouldn't mind being married to my partner who happens to also be asexual.

Mandelbrotina

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply sexuals are dangerous. As an ace woman, I can say I feel safer around ace men. But I’m married to a non-ace man. I know non-ace women who feel the same way. But, yeah, I can see how I inadvertently implied that. Good to hear you have a partner you’d like to marry!

Mandelbrotina

Or was that a theoretical statement?? Sorry.

Archived