A question about binders

RandomEveryday

RandomEveryday

Hi everybody,

I recently have decided that I’d really like to purchase a binder.  I’m a women who’s very much in touch with my feminine side, But I also love wearing masculine clothing and I would like to be able to look more like a guy.  Now the main question I have (Which will probably sound rather  naïve),  but will wearing a binder on and off sometimes hurt my chest at all?  I am rather large busted so it was a concern,  sorry for the ignorance lol.

Thanks!

it all depends on which type of binder you get. I know they make some specifically for people with larger chests (i buy those) and they work well for the most part and don't / shouldn't hurt. If it hurts I suggest you don't wear it.

I wear one occasionally for cosplay and I haven't had any  problems wearing it sporadically.  I'm also large chested.  I really like the brand I have gc2b.  They have excellent customer service.  https://www.gc2b.co/

DuranDuranfan

Good question, I was just thinking of asking it myself since I’ve been pondering wearing a binder too. I’m also quite stacked(DDs), and I also like to wear feminine clothes on occasion so I was hoping that wearing a binder occasionally wouldn’t warp my chest.

anisotrophic

I started when I was 38D and gc2b works well! comfortable.

But. The boobs are still there, there's a limit to the effect you can achieve.

I think you should try it, because it's fun, you look different ... even if you can't get fully flat -- maybe look thinner; people thought I'd lost weight.

It didn't hurt me though. It's fine to go back and forth, sure, you're not supposed to sleep in them either.

I lost a lot of weight in part because I wanted my binders to be more effective.

no-longer-in-use

They shouldn't hurt if you have the right size and bind safely--i.e. don't exercise or sleep with your binder on, never bind for longer than 6-8 hours, and take rest days.

DuranDuranfan

Off topic but I love your cat avatar!

Just Somebody

After years of use, even if you follow all the cautions advised of the general consensus, they will eventually deform your ribs and  make it hard to breath (they're a variant of corsets) what could make your life miserable,  binders are not long term fixes or resources,  but at least they're something we have right  now and do wonders for appearance,  but they're far from ideal when it comes to our health.

You should really read this first: https://helloclue.com/articles/cycle-a-z/chest-binding-tips-and-tricks-for-trans-men-nonbinary-and-genderfluid

Binders shouldn't hurt, they should in the least make you uncomfortable, if it hurts you must change sizes as soon as possible.

no-longer-in-use
19 hours ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Off topic but I love your cat avatar!

If you're talking to me, thank you! It's Jiji, a character from Kiki's Delivery Service.

DuranDuranfan
8 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

If you're talking to me, thank you! It's Jiji, a character from Kiki's Delivery Service.

Yeah I was.

Archived