Hello Everyone!

MaeJac

Hi!

So, I’ve been slowly coming to the realization that I am asexual. I first learned about asexuality a few years ago and at the time I thought I might be more demisexual or gray asexual, but I didn’t really put much thought into it. I was more focused on college and my friendships. I’ve never really dated, and I think one of the main reasons for that is because, in the past, I expected to feel sexual attraction towards someone I wanted to date, and I never did. I felt that, if I dated someone I wasn’t sexually attracted to, I would be leading them on or something. For the past few months I have been thinking more about my sexuality and researching asexuality. Now I think asexual fits me better. I’m 25 and I figure if I haven’t felt sexual attraction towards anyone by now than it’s probably not my thing. I’m still trying to figure out my romantic orientation though.

So, there’s a quick summary of what I’ve been pondering for a while now. Browsing through AVEN has definitely helped me figure some things out and it’s wonderful to know I’m not the only one with similar experiences!

Grey-Ace Ventura

It's great that our forums have helped you to figure things out, and I can assure you you're definitely not the only one going through your experiences. I personally didn't even think there was a word that described my romantic orientation until I saw one of the topics here.

Welcome to AVEN!

Related image

Hi Maejac. (Did you know that your name sounds sort of like magic and that makes me like you already!!)

I am so glad you decided to stop in. Stay a while. Grab a seat. We have cake!!

But for real... I know “the struggle is real” cuz I have also been there. I think the momen I really stopped and thought it through when was I had like three girls practically at the same time (not the exact same moment but around the same days) trying to pressure me into doing sexual things. “Like why dont you kiss her?” “You should make out.” “You can touch me anymore.” And then... after a crazy misunderstanding I had girls trying to pants me in school for a week. Anyways.... ::visibly shakes:: I was like this is enough. So... well, without those ladies I might not be here right now so... good times I guess.

image_8ac88be7-88cc-410d-9ad4-17026dcfb0

Strange-quark

Warm welcome! It is indeed amazing to find one is not alone! (Be careful though, Aven easily gets you hooked :P)

Help yourself to some yummy welcome cake:

nature-cake-31.jpg

Btw @Grey-Ace Ventura that is a really cool cake!

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your cake and validation.

Grey-Ace Ventura

@Strange-quark I love your zodiac cake! I might steal that idea the next time I make one

Strange-quark
Just now, Grey-Ace Ventura said:

@Strange-quark I love your zodiac cake! I might steal that idea the next time I make one

Feel free, it's Internet's not mine 🤣 (actually courtesy of Sprinkle Bakes or whatever)

Welcome! Feel free to talk and ask questions, we’re also quite good at helping figure out romantic orientations as well :D 

rainbow+wedding+cake+2.jpg

Spoiler

Also, @3Xi3X you okay there buddy? Sounds like you had a rough time. If you need to talk just ask :) 

DogObsessedLi

Welcome 😁. It took me a year on Aven to figure out my romantic orientation, so it is possible to figure out, it just takes time. 

NickyTannock

A belated welcome to AVEN!

I wish you luck with figuring out your romantic orientation.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 'Mickey's world of magic' cake (all edible),

qymkhko9znys5iiu8oyr.jpg

Welcome to AVEN!! 🍰

Archived