Question for asexual Christians (and Muslims)

Do you treat your asexuality like some "gift" from God? You know what Jesus said about adultery in Matthew 5:27-28. As you are asexual, it's rather impossible for you to look in that way on people. Of course, there are other verses of New Testament that say about lustfulness, adultery etc.

If you are muslim, you also can answer, I guess in Quran there are also verses about adultery and lustfulness.

///////////////// morning prayers

Man was created in the image of God. God is apparently asexual. Therefore my sexual orientation is an enhancement of my divinity. I understand the first humans were told to "go forth and multiply" but there was never a "thou shalt" included. Besides, original sin was more than likely the result of seduction. Lust after all is one of the seven deadly sins. I like what I am. Apparently God likes it too. If He (It?) exists. I suppose some day I'll find out - or not!

Amen

10 hours ago, MaggieB said:

Do you treat your asexuality like some "gift" from God?

I personally treat life and everything in it as a gift from God, so yes 😊

10 hours ago, MaggieB said:

You know what Jesus said about adultery in Matthew 5:27-28. As you are asexual, it's rather impossible for you to look in that way on people. Of course, there are other verses of New Testament that say about lustfulness, adultery etc.

I struggle with this. I experience aesthetic attraction very intensely, at least as strong as my heterosexual friends. So I kind of can look at women “that” way, even if it doesn’t lead to sexual attraction/desire.

Cereal Tendencies

I’m a Muslim, and marriage is considered half of your deen (faith)

It also says that if you are asexual you are not forced to marry, however if you have a high sex drive (ace or not) it is better to marry to avoid sinning

To answer your first question about my asexuality being a gift, I’m grateful but I don’t see it as a divine thing if that made any sense I’m sorry lol

letusdeleteouraccounts

Aro ace Christian and I think it can be considered a gift type of thing. I’ve always found it ironic how before I knew what these labels were, I wanted to differ from everyone else and here I am today. My dad also has the nickname “Ace” and many people have called me “Ace jr.” It just really doesn’t feel like a coincidence to me. My asexuality and aromanticism is a blessing to me because I’ve noticed so many situations that would’ve gone south I was gay and I still have relatbility to growing number of out of the closet queer people because of me not be heteronormal. I love the experiences that come with being ace and aro and the understanding/perspective it gives me on the world. I wouldn’t trade it for anything

DuranDuranfan
5 hours ago, Cereal Tendencies said:

I’m a Muslim, and marriage is considered half of your deen (faith)

It also says that if you are asexual you are not forced to marry, however if you have a high sex drive (ace or not) it is better to marry to avoid sinning

That’s also what the Apostle Paul said. I wonder if Muhammad read any of his letters. 

I've honestly never looked at my asexuality and aromanticism as a divine gift.  Not being interested in sex just gives me more time and energy for other sins. :P 

Fighting_For_Us

I've never really viewed it as a gift, but not a a curse either. When I first heard about asexuality and realized that's what I am, I wrestled a bit with if it was 'wrong' or not. But, after doing my own research and soul-searching, and talking to a few Church leaders, I was content that asexuality wasn't a sin. Once that was settled I've just kind of rolled with it. My friends and I, ace and non-aces alike, enjoy joking about how much drama I've avoided just by being ace XD

• 3 weeks later...

I have said on many occasions thank God I am asexual so I do see it as a gift honestly xD

insertcreativeusername

Hey, actually the reason I'm questioning identifying myself as asexual is actually because of my conservative Christian upbringing. I really wasn't "allowed" to date or explore sexuality, nor did I really learn much about it as a teenager because I was homeschooled. So I sometimes worry that I "missed it" and am not actually asexual. But no, I don't think I would specifically consider it a gift. However, I do think God makes people of all kinds of sexual orientations, so if asexual is what I am, then it is what I was made to be, so I will appreciate myself for who I am. 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, Iam9man 🐧 said:

On 7/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, MaggieB said:

You know what Jesus said about adultery in Matthew 5:27-28. As you are asexual, it's rather impossible for you to look in that way on people. Of course, there are other verses of New Testament that say about lustfulness, adultery etc.

I struggle with this. I experience aesthetic attraction very intensely, at least as strong as my heterosexual friends. So I kind of can look at women “that” way, even if it doesn’t lead to sexual attraction/desire.

Same here. In my mind, romantic attraction/aesthetic attraction can also fall into the same moral/ethical bin, so to speak, as sexual attraction, so even though I don't have sexual desire for another person, I can still look at someone with a certain variety of "lust" - since it's just looking at someone and seeing them as a kind of object, which is really what the core sin is, in my view. 

Artistofnoname

I am a Christian and I see it as the gift of singleness that Paul spoke about. Its the lack of a distraction for a bigger purpose in my view.

I see it as a gift from god that i am aro ace. Jesus was never married and he appreciated those who were virgins. Because virgins have more freedom to do what she/he want than someone who are married. Of i see course sex is a gift from god that married couples have freedom to do and show their love to each other(sex is not wrong when married). But as an asexual i am not interested in sex at all and not interested in having a partner. The society might not understand why since sex is so important in the society(especially where i come from). But i don’t care what people say about me. That’s why i am so glad that i came out to my family and friends, because i know that they love me for who i am(my closest family knew already that i was aromantic and asexual) and god loves me for who i am. That’s why i trust in god. Because he’s like a dad to me💜💜🖤🖤❤️❤️❤️

secrethamster

I've never thought of it as a gift, although I guess it could be seen that way. As others mentioned, it prevents us from being tempted into one form of sin that many others struggle with. I've always just thought that sexual temptation wasn't something I had to worry about and that was helpful in the goal to "wait until marriage" (or forever lol). Because asexuality is not a central part of my life, I wouldn't focus on it being a great gift. I would say it's more of a helpful trait residing in the background.

DragonSpirit

I've decided I'm fine being asexual. Because I'm not worried about sex, I have more time and energy to do other things, so yes, I guess it's a gift. Paul and Jesus viewed virginity and contentment to remain unmarried as a gift and an opportunity to serve God better. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 (ESV) says:

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.

14 hours ago, DragonSpirit said:

I've decided I'm fine being asexual. Because I'm not worried about sex, I have more time and energy to do other things, so yes, I guess it's a gift. Paul and Jesus viewed virginity and contentment to remain unmarried as a gift and an opportunity to serve God better. 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 (ESV) says:

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.

I love that scripture ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Archived