Aesthetic attraction

Are you more aesthetically attracted to guys or girls? Or maybe to both equally? Personally- I'm more aesthetically attracted to guys,but if some girl is really pretty, then I also like to take a look on her.

I suck at telling what is sexual and what is aesthetic, but I'm probably more towards guys. I really like their eyes but then I get annoyed because anime is 100% better. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Neither, cars all the way, especially classy saloons and tuners :ph34r:

Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Neither, cars all the way, especially classy saloons and tuners :ph34r:

Not mecha - but there are times I'll notice the car not the driver. 

I find some ladies aesthetically pleasing, a nice smile, nice eyes, wins me over every time, if they have a pleasant personality, even better, I am one that will make comment if a guy looks like he would be attractive, but I am definitely attracted to women

I have never been aesthetically attracted to another guy but women I am, it's strange but for some reason, non-binary tomboys just scream out to my attraction levels but I have no interest in actual men lol, strange o.O

@UnderworldFan1988I think that may be because you're a guy and you know what guys are like, even as an asexual, I think most of us take on board what goes on around us, we know what others are like, I don't find your feelings strange at all

CelesteAdAstra

It's weird for me - I usually find a lot more women beautiful, I love the female beauty and it's often the subject of my drawings. But when I do find a man that I am aesthetically attracted to, the attraction is far stronger than to all the ladies. So for the gentlemen, my brain seems to have an "all or nothing"-attitude.

1 minute ago, oldgeeza said:

@UnderworldFan1988I think that may be because you're a guy and you know what guys are like, even as an asexual, I think most of us take on board what goes on around us, we know what others are like, I don't find your feelings strange at all

I think your 100% right, im a cis male but I still have all the qualities that a women has emotionally. 

I find some women aesthetically pleasing! :blush:

Men ... not! Even he would be the handsome guy in the world, my eyes would just pass by... nope, not interested!

@UnderworldFan1988most of my closest friends are women, without going into too much detail, I come from a dysfunctional background, now, as a fifty something, I do listen and absorb what I hear, I think that in at least 90% of cases on here, most of our friends are sexuals, and I guess, at my age, many of my friends are married/divorced, single due to divorce, whatever, but the amount that are single for whatever reason that I hear of talking about how they've cheated or what they did with their partners, I'm not saying that women may not be the same, but I guess we see things as we see them due to the environment which we are in, I work in a mainly male orientated job, therefore I'm around males most of the time, hence my thoughts from being around, mainly guys.

@CelesteAdAstraI know this may sound odd, but do you think your attraction to men, your "all or nothing" feelings come down to the different ways in which men and women think and that if you get to knowing that guy (assuming that's how you work), you find the way they are more fascinating? I hope you don't mind my asking, it's weird, Ily been on here a short time this evening and I seem to have learned so much, it's got me questioning

I feel like I find about 50-60% of the population to be aesthetically attractive or pleasing and out of them they could be equally male or female.

Putting this in the reverse, I don't think I've ever viewed someone as so repulsive I'd never form a friendship with them.

2 hours ago, MaggieB said:

...Personally- I'm more aesthetically attracted to guys,but if some girl is really pretty, then I also like to take a look on her...

Yeah, this has been my experience, too. I wasn't really sure if I'd be considered bi or pan because I thought, "Well, doesn't everyone like being friends with everyone, regardless of gender, or also, sometimes, think that a person of their sex looks nice, in a confident and friendly way?"

1 hour ago, 3Xi3X said:

@InquisitivePhilosopher That sounds very asexual of you. 

Yeah. Plus, coming across a few LGBT+ people who'd use the phrase--and scientific research that'd claim, "Everyone's a little bit bi," confused me, as to what being considered bi and pan really meant, because I'd only thought of it as people who wouldn't mind being in a romantic or sexual relationship with either genders.

But "everyone's a little bit bi" sounded as though it was including those who, occasionally, experience aesthetic attraction, too.

letusdeleteouraccounts

My aesthetic attraction is almost always towards another guy but every once in a while I’ll get the rubberneck for one of those women out there. I’m atrracted to guys pretty easily but found features for both sexes that I have a thing for in general

Men: “Golden” skin color, lean muscle, built chest, sharp jawline, slickback hair, and these features giving a somewhat soft and adorable look

Women: Big curly hair, glowing skin complexion, and smooth and simple features

Either gender with a nice smile and a great laugh will do it for me 😋

Can't say I don't appreciate someone who looks after themselves though, stomach muscles are fascinating.

CelesteAdAstra
15 hours ago, oldgeeza said:

I know this may sound odd, but do you think your attraction to men, your "all or nothing" feelings come down to the different ways in which men and women think and that if you get to knowing that guy (assuming that's how you work), you find the way they are more fascinating? I hope you don't mind my asking, it's weird, Ily been on here a short time this evening and I seem to have learned so much, it's got me questioning

I don't think this is necessarily the cause for my aesthetic attraction to them, but it is the reason why I feel romantically  and sensually attracted to men instead of women. I just think that aesthetically-wise, I have a very strong type and I don't care much for someone's looks who doesn't match this type.

Janus the Fox

Both, with a aesthetic attraction lean towards masculinity, though very rare, it’s been a long time experiencing it.  Possibly it’s been absent since entering a relationship over two and a half years ago, it’s a feeling of aesthetic appreciation like for appreciating a painting, photograph or any creative art form.  Aesthetic Philosophy covers this fairly well for me.

All genders equally. I'm usually looking more at their clothing style, though. 😂

Alawyn-Aebt

I do not think I have ever found another male aesthetically attractive. I have only ever found females aesthetically attractive, but even that is a rare occurrence.

For me there are three levels of beauty, below-average, average, and above-average. Males never make it into the above-average, most females do not either, but some have.

Because of this (and the fact I have never felt any real interest in becoming close friends with any male, I in general feel more comfortable around females friends most of the time) I never thought I was bisexual.

I'm aesthetically attracted to females which really puzzles my sexual male friend that I'm out to (especially in light of what I have said in the past on their appearance). I keep my comments to myself now, but I still notice a pretty girl. 

KoiFishShoes

I am consistently aesthetically attracted to men and non-binary folks who are around six feet tall and long and thin all over.

I don't really have an aesthetic attraction to most people.

Maybe three to seven aesthetic crushes (some of which are on androgynous people)

Fighting_For_Us

It's far more common for me to find a woman for aesthetically pleasing than men. I also tend to retain that appreciation for particular woman much longer than with the men I find aesthetically pleasing. With guys I tend to just...get bored. And, to be honest, a lot of them kind of look the same to me. 😅 I'm hard to impress I guess. The guys I stick with tend to have very distinct looks to them - like Eddie Redmayne or Rami Malleck (pictured below). 

Basically guys I think would be interesting to draw...

original-eddieredmayne-s-jpg-ba65d059.jp17cc8eae2472241cca028ad8742a2c57.png

Archived