Lost

MadDash27

I’m kind of new, so I’m sorry if I just didn’t find the right post and I’m wasting peoples time, but I’m lost, really really lost. I have no attraction, to anyone. I have the desire to have cuddles, nothing more though. I want to have a partner to only cuddle and hug and whatnot, but I have no attraction to anyone, and don’t have any clue as to where I would even begin to discover who could be said person? Why am I so lost? What am I? I don’t have any idea what gender or anything said person is? I just want some cuddles? (Sorry if this post doesn’t make sense)

Grey-Ace Ventura

Hey there!

Since you're not attracted to anyone, you might be aromantic and want a friend to cuddle with? Cuddling's always fun, you don't really need to be in a romantic relationship to enjoy it.

Hi there!

To me it sounds like you just might be asexual! I'm like you in that I enjoy physical contact, but don't need anything beyond that. I've never had any serious crushes either. We call this "sensual attraction," and a person can have it independently from "romantic attraction" (falling in love with somebody) and "sexual attraction" (wanting to have sex with somebody). So, you can be aromantic and asexual, but still can have a platonic friend, or even a partner, and enjoy cuddles. You can still develop romantic feelings for somebody you are close with, when you usually don't have a crush on anyone, in which case you'd be greyromantic.

Too often these types of attraction are mixed up and associated with each other, often creating the feeling of being "broken" in people who don't experience it that way, but that's a misconception. There's nothing wrong with not experiencing romantic feelings or not wanting sex. It's the broad societal perception that's skewed.

All that aside, take a deep breath, have a seat, and enjoy some more cake! :cake::cake::cake:

Whatever you are going through I think you’ve found the right place. Welcome. ::hugs::

xBlueberry-cream-cake.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Z

Fighting_For_Us

Heyo!

I've been in a similar place to you before, and it can be frustrating as h*ck. 

What I've discovered is that, for me, having a close trusted friend I can share contact with (holding hands, cuddling, long hugs, ect.) is a huge relief and comfort. Humans are pack animals, and [many of us] enjoy/need intimate physical contact with others. And let me clarify - by 'intimate' I do not mean sexual. I mean close, safe, genuine affection. If you have any friends you're comfortable with, and who are comfy with you, you may approach them and ask if they're okay with or even interested in contact. And that can progress slowly - baby steps! Over time you'll figure out where both of your comfort levels are. 

If friendship won't quite match what you want, and you want more of a 'partner', you might want to look into what a QPP (queer platonic partner) is. That's not really something I'm super familiar with, so I don't want to spread misinformation, but maybe it'll be what you're looking for. Good luck!

Archived