Dreamscapes?

Crazycrazycultist

Crazycrazycultist

I was working while I remembered what happened this morning. I had some time to nap. I got about ten minutes out of it. I had a dream where I thought there was something in the house that was after me. I ran out of the house and into the next yard. Oddly enough, in the middle of the night. Even though it was 8:30 AM by the time I fell asleep. I ended hearing voices. I spotted a few people covered by the shadows, like they were silhouettes. I ended up thinking they were a threat. And, I ran back into the house.

I bring up this dream because when I was outside in my dream, there was something about my surroundings that looked...aesthetically unappealing. At least, that's the only way I can describe it. That's not even the only case of it. I've had multiple dreams where I'm in an area that I hate the look of. Now, sometimes it would make sense as to why I thought that way. I have some dreams where there's architecture that looks dangerous. Or, there's a place that's unsafe. But, most of the time I'm in a place that for no other reason looks unappealing. It's not a place that's dirty, or filthy, not even scary. I just don't like the look of it.

I don't know if this is common in any other person. I just thought it was a weird fact about some of my dreams.

Another weird factor about some of my dreams usually happens after a bout of Sleep Paralysis. This is just a little bonus. Sometimes, I can kind of shake off of the paralysis. I end up being able to speak again. But, when I call out for someone, they sound, upset. It's always my brother. I end up trying to figure out if I'm in the real world or not. I call out to him to confirm it. But, he always sounds annoyed when this happens.

I don't know. Those are just two weird things that happen.

all of my dreams happen in the same post apocalyptic world. the sky is always dark, buildings are ruined, lots of plant overgrowth in and around buildings. but it's also not lawless anarchy, people are functioning normally day to day and just seem to accept the surroundings. the only time is seems chaotic is when there are large gatherings of people and there is ALWAYS standstill traffic when that occurs. <_<

i feel like i hardly have dreams, but i know it's that i don't remember them. i kept a dream journal for a few months and i ended up writing about a lot that i didn't even remember having dreamt or even written about at all. 

fwiw, i've also experienced sleep paralysis, but i can count those on one hand. all 4-5 times very weird and way too real. 

Crazycrazycultist
14 minutes ago, Mono the Kromulent said:

all of my dreams happen in the same post apocalyptic world. the sky is always dark, buildings are ruined, lots of plant overgrowth in and around buildings. but it's also not lawless anarchy, people are functioning normally day to day and just seem to accept the surroundings. the only time is seems chaotic is when there are large gatherings of people and there is ALWAYS standstill traffic when that occurs. <_<

i feel like i hardly have dreams, but i know it's that i don't remember them. i kept a dream journal for a few months and i ended up writing about a lot that i didn't even remember having dreamt or even written about at all. 

fwiw, i've also experienced sleep paralysis, but i can count those on one hand. all 4-5 times very weird and way too real. 

Standstill traffic? Geez! I thought that was a nightmare we only had to deal with in our waking lives! I've only had one apocalyptic dream. But, the apocalypse was just starting. Everything was relatively secure.

I do have some documents on my phone that I use for dream cataloging. It's really useful.

As for Sleep Paralysis. I do think I have it. I just don't think I have it as bad as everyone else. It's nowhere near as scary. Though, that could just be from experience. One thing that's common in my episodes is that there's no shadowy demon, no figure. But, there is a sense of something happening because of someone. I just don't see it. My eyes are usually closed during these episodes.

My dreamscape is odd. It very rarely has a dream that I can remember but some noticeable ones is the time how a nuclear bomb detonated over Houston and I was on some sort of journey to figure out who did it. It tormented me for a few days too.

Then I was in a white room just floating while spinning.

I used to have dreams of being trapped in this endless suburbia. Like, a suburban neighborhood that has no outlet to any other locations. It just goes on forever. Then there was this Victorian mansion filled with animal people. Just in the middle of all the modern houses.

Crazycrazycultist
8 hours ago, ColeHW said:

My dreamscape is odd. It very rarely has a dream that I can remember but some noticeable ones is the time how a nuclear bomb detonated over Houston and I was on some sort of journey to figure out who did it. It tormented me for a few days too.

Then I was in a white room just floating while spinning.

I actually had a dream similar to that. But, it was a band that blew up my city!

Crazycrazycultist
5 hours ago, Dr. Beat said:

I used to have dreams of being trapped in this endless suburbia. Like, a suburban neighborhood that has no outlet to any other locations. It just goes on forever. Then there was this Victorian mansion filled with animal people. Just in the middle of all the modern houses.

Animal people in Victorian houses? I thought that was a normal occurrence. Happens all the time for me!

SorryNotSorry

In my dreamscapes the houses and yards are bigger, and some things are located where they'd never be in waking life, such as a train stop next to a storm ditch or a hill in a small park.

But I'm always aware of geographic direction in my dreams.

1 hour ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

I actually had a dream similar to that. But, it was a band that blew up my city!

Haha very funny.

Mine however wasn't very funny, the US used the opportunity to go into a dictatorship under permanent martial law and excucted millions of people that overlord Trump deemed threats to the US. So yeah.

Crazycrazycultist
2 hours ago, ColeHW said:

Haha very funny.

Mine however wasn't very funny, the US used the opportunity to go into a dictatorship under permanent martial law and excucted millions of people that overlord Trump deemed threats to the US. So yeah.

Are you sure you aren't just predicting real life?

1 minute ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

Are you sure you aren't just predicting real life?

Who knows. Seems like some stunt Trump would do doesn't  it?

Crazycrazycultist
8 minutes ago, ColeHW said:

Who knows. Seems like some stunt Trump would do doesn't  it?

Hoping not!

There's a place I've frequently dreamed about since I was kid, every time there's something different about it than before. I have an oddly hard time describing it. I can say that I'm never allowed to be there but I go anyways. 

I always wonder where these reoccurring things in dreams come from...

Grey-Ace Ventura

I sometimes have a recurring dream about being in a junkyard in the early night when the sky is more of a royal blue than a navy blue with a bunch of other people, I don't remember who they are but I always know who they are in the dream. We get chased by cannibals who look like they're from Wrong Turn and some of the people we lose along the way. Then we end up at a desolate gas station with kinda like a roundabout by it but it's not really a roundabout, it's just that the road is in a circle. We take a break and freak out about everything and then we feel a kinda eery vibe so we run off. Then it gets pretty late and the sky turns almost black and it's so dark we can see the stars, but we can still see the really tall grass we're surrounded by, it's higher than our heads and we run through it, trying to get to an abandoned house-like building past an old gate. I remember at this point it's really windy and there's I think one streetlamp that eerily shines on the grass. As we're running through, I remember panicking even more than before because we're losing even more people to the cannibals, and eventually I get to the gate by myself and I think I lock the cannibals out. I run into the house and shut the door, catching my breath, finally feeling safe. But then I see something that makes me panic, and I never remember what exactly it is. I walk into the room in front of me and the floors have red and white tiles and brown wooden walls. I see jars of blood and organs on shelves everywhere and I have a panic attack and I scream and fall down on my knees and start to cry.

I have this dream somewhat often, but I don't remember that I've had it before while in the dream, only when I wake up and go "hush hush, it was just a dream, dang it not again." In only a few recent times I've had the dream, I actually remembered that I've been in that position before and I knew where to go but I forgot how it was supposed to end, but I remembered once I was in the room with the gory stuff. It was like I walked in and I was like "wait... oh no, I remember why I'm here."

I don't know why I keep having this dream though.

One thing I’ve noticed is that I never dream about the current place I’m living. It’s always the house/apartment I used to live in. I moved out a few months ago but so far I’m still dreaming about my childhood home and not the house I used to live in. So I guess my subconscious doesn’t believed I’ve fully moved yet. 

A lot of my weird dreams can be linked to a medication I was taking at the time. I used to have the best dreams on SSRIs. Dreams with soundtracks and backstories. A lot of them looked like the set of Crimson Peak. I’d try to write it down but would forget to and by the time I remembered I couldn’t really remember the dream. 

I get sleep paralysis when I’m stressed, taking migraine medication, or just because my brain likes to fuck with me. I sometimes have them back to back. Wake up with one, go back to sleep and do it all over again a few more times. It's always some dark shadow woman trying to choke me or shoving their fist down my throat. 

Crazycrazycultist
6 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

In my dreamscapes the houses and yards are bigger, and some things are located where they'd never be in waking life, such as a train stop next to a storm ditch or a hill in a small park.

But I'm always aware of geographic direction in my dreams.

Things are out of place sometimes in my dreams. Though, I usually think it's normal. Though, I don't think I've ever seen anything out of place. And, size is sometimes not accurate to real life.

Mine usually have me going somewhere, and either something really weird happens, or I end up with some strange, eerie feeling of familiarity.

One dream I had, I ran into someone I knew, then we were driving up the street I live in and decided to go to the aquarium. Instead of ended up there, we ended up standing on some docks. I was standing on the end of one by myself while the person I was with was with a group of people on another not too far away. Everyone was looking into the water since there was a very large octopus just sitting in there. Then, old mate wanted me to throw a cigarette over to him, and as I did so, the octopus grabbed out of mid air, so I threw more over. After that, the octopus decided to smoke them all at once under water.

Another dream I had, I was with another person I knew, and we were going to see a band. We were looking at the field where around where they were playing, and I was giving old mate a tour of where we could be standing or whatever when they were playing. Then I remember turning around and looking up at a building. I dunno what about it, but something about the field and the building seemed reallly familiar but I'm not sure why. Later on, I was on my way somewhere else, and upon getting there I ran into someone else who was seeing a band. The strange part about that was a week later I found out that someone I met on Facebook was also going to a concert I was going too IRL.

Crazycrazycultist
8 hours ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Mine usually have me going somewhere, and either something really weird happens, or I end up with some strange, eerie feeling of familiarity.

One dream I had, I ran into someone I knew, then we were driving up the street I live in and decided to go to the aquarium. Instead of ended up there, we ended up standing on some docks. I was standing on the end of one by myself while the person I was with was with a group of people on another not too far away. Everyone was looking into the water since there was a very large octopus just sitting in there. Then, old mate wanted me to throw a cigarette over to him, and as I did so, the octopus grabbed out of mid air, so I threw more over. After that, the octopus decided to smoke them all at once under water.

Another dream I had, I was with another person I knew, and we were going to see a band. We were looking at the field where around where they were playing, and I was giving old mate a tour of where we could be standing or whatever when they were playing. Then I remember turning around and looking up at a building. I dunno what about it, but something about the field and the building seemed reallly familiar but I'm not sure why. Later on, I was on my way somewhere else, and upon getting there I ran into someone else who was seeing a band. The strange part about that was a week later I found out that someone I met on Facebook was also going to a concert I was going too IRL.

I didn't know an Octopus would want to smoke!

• 2 months later...
DazzlingGirl16

My dreamscape depends on what I'm dreaming about. Other than that, it's usually either a forest or a beautiful mansion.

Crazycrazycultist
10 hours ago, DazzlingGirl16 said:

My dreamscape depends on what I'm dreaming about. Other than that, it's usually either a forest or a beautiful mansion.

Nice!

My dreamscapes are pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it is a forest, sometimes a snow covered city, sometimes dystopian futuristic city with high skyscrapers and with laboratories. I also visit museums, galleries and especially libraries in my dreams. The dreamed environment is often pretty normal. The actions of the people I dream if are weird.

The memories of my dreams can be very clear if I use autosuggestion. So I noticed some details about a few important dream-symbols: stairs are always in good shape, the floor is solid and the walls of the rooms are not broken. I actually stopped making a dream diary because I remembered too well and I ended up writing for 45-60 minutes after I woke up.

Another motive that occurs often in my dreams are jet-packs. I've often a jet-pack on back when I jump out of planes, windows and such. I think this comes from the old Star Wars Battlefront II game that I played a lot years ago. One of my favorite classes was the Jet-Trooper with a Jet-Pack.

Crazycrazycultist
55 minutes ago, Windspiel said:

My dreamscapes are pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it is a forest, sometimes a snow covered city, sometimes dystopian futuristic city with high skyscrapers and with laboratories. I also visit museums, galleries and especially libraries in my dreams. The dreamed environment is often pretty normal. The actions of the people I dream if are weird.

The memories of my dreams can be very clear if I use autosuggestion. So I noticed some details about a few important dream-symbols: stairs are always in good shape, the floor is solid and the walls of the rooms are not broken. I actually stopped making a dream diary because I remembered too well and I ended up writing for 45-60 minutes after I woke up.

Another motive that occurs often in my dreams are jet-packs. I've often a jet-pack on back when I jump out of planes, windows and such. I think this comes from the old Star Wars Battlefront II game that I played a lot years ago. One of my favorite classes was the Jet-Trooper with a Jet-Pack.

I love having jet packs in dreams!

My dreams still are downright weird.

Crazycrazycultist
16 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

My dreams still are downright weird.

Me too! They can get pretty unorthodox. I've been making a habit of logging in my dreams on a word document!

20 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

Me too! They can get pretty unorthodox. I've been making a habit of logging in my dreams on a word document!

I used to keep a dream journal. :) 

To say that my dreams are weird may be a bit of an understatement. Not that I mind. The weirder the better I say! :D 

I've had dreams of all sorts. A lot of them tend to be fantasy and sci-fi-themed. I've even had dreams of visiting a McDonald's from the future. Flying cars, robots that clean the restaurant, humanoid robots that serve you, etc. Similar to the McD's in Fifth Element. So much cooler than the McD's that I worked at... 

Crazycrazycultist
2 hours ago, Dani Skellington said:

I used to keep a dream journal. :) 

To say that my dreams are weird may be a bit of an understatement. Not that I mind. The weirder the better I say! :D 

I've had dreams of all sorts. A lot of them tend to be fantasy and sci-fi-themed. I've even had dreams of visiting a McDonald's from the future. Flying cars, robots that clean the restaurant, humanoid robots that serve you, etc. Similar to the McD's in Fifth Element. So much cooler than the McD's that I worked at... 

Dude! Now we need to see the future of McDonald's in person!

2 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

Dude! Now we need to see the future of McDonald's in person!

That would be cool. I wonder what the McD's of the future would taste like, though... 🤔

Since Macca's stuff is getting smaller and more expensive, we'd probably end up paying $30 for a cheeseburger the size of a thumbnail

Twisted Tempest

Oddly, if I dream that I'm in a place I'm familiar with in real life, the place will always be significantly different to how it is in real life and yet somehow still recognizable. It's really quite odd. But it's also consistent from dream to dream. Like while the place is different to it's real life counterpart, it won't be any different to how it was in the last dream. 

Archived