Looking sexy

As asexual- do you like to look sexy? (I don't mean dressing like prostitute for example). In my case-I like to wear fitted dresses and skirts and other clothes like this.

GreyGirlofMeta

No, not really, honestly. I just dress how I like to dress. 

Though, actually, people dressing with more open clothes kind of makes me uncomfortable, but I don't act on it. Especially if it's a girl my age. But it might be because of the age group I'm in, and seeing and expecting that from others. (This just turned into a small rant lmao sorry m8).

I like dressing in different styles. Dressing up, as in professionally is super cool and dressing sexily isn’t that different to me as a guy.

yeah, I like it.

Purple Wanderer

Its all in eye of beholder. I wouldnt want to dress sexy in that I wouldnt want to lead anyone on.   But I would want to dress well. 

That said jeans T shirt.  Job done.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have a certain aesthetic, whether you do it for yourself or for others.

There are certainly things I would like to change about my look (and I'm trying).

I feel subconscious about my looks being overweight so I take an overbearing effect to make myself look as best as I can all the times, but 99% of the time people find me still find me a person they would rather look away from and it really affects me in public places a lot... I try to have stylish hair, "cool" clothes and jewelry and am goth I guess so people just can't relate to that or something but being a fat kid my whole life has taken a horrid mental toll on me.

for me i like to dress based on how comfortable the clothes are and whats the weather like. i find myself wanting to wear clothes that i feel would make me look sexy or matches with the hair color of the month i have on as i dye my hair frequently. but even for many years ive always had this odd feeling of wanting to dress up as a women as i absolutely love female dresses and goth looking appeal which involves skirts and fishnets i dont know why but maybe its because mens fashion is kind of limited while i see all kinds of female fashion and im like they that outfit looks super cute i want to wear that or i wish i could look good in that. when it comes to people wearing more revealing clothing it doesnt much bother me. like someone showing there tummy or the majority of there legs. but its when in the case of a male where they take there whole shirt off and its showing off there upper half i get bet uncomfortable the same goes for women. wearing a bikini is fine doesn't invoke disgust or anything sense hey im at a beach its not like they want sex just showing off there body its when there top is off or for both men and women they have no underwear or pants and so there genitals are showing thats when i freak. 

i guess its different for everyone. if i had a bit more confidence i would wear shorts as i mostly wear black jeans and black shirt with some band on it and maybe a choker or a some spiked bracelet and if i was feeling more supported by my peers id start wearing more female clothing. but thats just me. i want to look sexy cause i want to feel like im a cool person and more secure about my self esteem but everyone is different and have different reasons for the way they dress or want to dress.

I feel like I should make another post because I feel that I can relate to transgender peoples, not because of gender dysphoria or dissociation but sometimes feeling uncomfortable in your own body... Wow as I am typing this I just made a beautiful realization about myself.

I don't give a shit about clothing. If I fits, I wears. Also, trying to make me look beautiful would be like trying to make Patrick Star look smart.

Absolutely not.  I do not wish to be seen that way.

26 minutes ago, vanilla black tea said:

I was thinking about that recently -- a sexy asexual.

there's a mini dress i'm longing to wear; i'd pair it with a long cardigan and some flats, glossy lips and jet. the thing is, i'd get looks. i'd get "good mornings", "how are you doings" and sometimes it's frustrating because i'm attracting what i don't want. BUT i think i've spent years uglifying myself so that the boys wouldn't look at me, the men would say no i was hollering at her, not you, meaning the girl standing beside me. i'd uglify myself so i wouldn't turn heads and would be forgettable. i even don't wear red lipstick because it attracts so much attention. what a waste. if i want to look beautiful, sexy, and all that, it's on me. i can want to look attractive and not want to attract anyone. i just want to look sexy af for me. tired to trying to look ugly and frumpy. but it does bring anxiety.

I say wear whatever you want. What other people think or do can’t physically upset you and so it’s on them, it’s their problem. 🤪

I’m going to be honest here, I have no real clue what would make me look “sexy” or why I would want to look sexy.

I wear whatever I want. Sometimes it might be considered sexy, other times I look like a walking pile of shit. I like certain clothes and looks that fall into the sexy category but I’m also super lazy so I like to balance out my outfits with sweaters or cardigans. 

I see enough naked people at work or trashy outfits out in public to not be phased much by what other people wear or don’t wear. 

I do think men’s clothes can be “sexy.” 

It all depends on how you wear it. A boring outfit can look hot depending on who is wearing it and if they look comfortable/confident in it. 

Comrade Kitty

I don't really like to look sexy. I am mostly tomboy, but still part girly girl. But not a sexy girly girl. I usually wear a soft t-shirt and some bermuda style jean shorts. I almost always have my hair in a simple ponytail. No scrunchy, just a simple ponytail. But sometimes I wear a little kiddish dress. You know, the ones that are poofy and have rainbows. But I am kinda busty, so it looks a little weird. When I wear dresses I put my hair down and wear a bow. I look like a 5yo. I never purposely wear anything sexy. But when you are busty, sometimes its kinda hard to avoid. 🙂

KoiFishShoes

I like to look thinner, which apparently sometimes simultaneously comes off as sexy, but I usually go for comfortable and practical. As a sex favorable ace, I wouldn't mind dressing sexy for a partner as long as I was still comfortable. Itchy lace isn't sexy.🤣

BambooRiver

Joggers/sweatpants/harem pants are life my dude. I love baggy, loose clothing. Except it's so dang nabbit hot here, so I wear tank tops and super stretchy shorts (to accommodate for my problematic, 24/7 bloated stomach, yuck). But I don't ever wear clothing to look sexy. Hells to the no. I hate having people look at me, ESPECIALLY in a sexual manner. One time my mom pointed out that a dude was staring at me and I replied, "he's probably thinking of kidnapping me and selling me as a s*xsl*ve!" And she looked at me bewildered. I cant help it. I don't trust anyone, especially dude bros that stare at people. I'm always on the defense. 

I don’t really care to dress “sexy” (what’s considered a sexy dress style for men anyways 🤔), and I tend to dress quite casually with no real conscious sense of style. I want to seem respectable and hygienic though. I generally just wear t-shirts with either cargo shorts/pants, jeans, or athletic shorts. I also favor jackets, and I tend to keep the zippers open, partly cause I want to keeps some airflow and partly cause I like having it blow in the wind 😆. I dress for comfort first and foremost. Though I try to avoid the stereotypical look for Asians with glasses 😅.

I have button up shirts and slacks when i need to be presentable in a business sense... but it is almost always t-shirts and shorts. If someone commanded me to be sexy, I have absolutely no idea where to begin other than "maybe comb my hair". I admit to falling right into old people fashion.

Though I do think glasses are sexy and I've worn them so long I can't imagine myself without them.

• 1 month later...

Totally do! Looking amazing is always a great way to start my day. 😁 form hugging dresses, cute shirts/shorts/skirts, etc ~ just because I dnt want to do someone doesnt mean I cant look good for myself.

I just hope to be attractive enough so that I won't get a worse paycheck than others just because of it lol.

Stardust_Girl

I like to put thought into my outfits because I like to feel cute, and I just really like fashion in general. But I wouldn't say my fashion style is really all that "sexy". The most sexy my clothing will ever be is a form fitting t-shirt

WanderingKate

Yes and no? 

I do enjoy looking "sexy" I suppose...but I also don't enjoy sexual attention. 

I guess what I mean by that is that I like wearing clothes that fit the shape of my body and I like to look attractive. I love women's bodies including my own and think that we're beautiful and should show off if we want to :) I have a nice figure and I don't like to hide it under frumpy/baggy clothes...that's not my style anyway. I don't like to feel like I'm hiding myself. I will never wear sexy clothes for the reason of attracting sexual attention or a sexual partner. But I do often wear tight clothes as I prefer the look of them on my body. 

That being said I'll never wear anything for the express purpose of looking hot/sexy, I have to like the outfit and I don't show cleavage or wear shorts that are too short because I know the kind of attention that gets. It's a balance. 

This may offend, but I've learned one thing. No matter what I put on, straight sexual males think I'm trying to look sexy.

In reality, I'm very artistic, emotive and bored. I love to create fun, mood-matching outfits. I'm very comfortable with my body and other's bodies. Nudity isn't sexual to me and I'm annoyed how the whole world thinks that other people's bodies belong to them somehow, like they are commodities that exist only for their consumption and don't just happen to be the place a person's consciousness lives. I sometimes do have to make an effort to remember how others are going to sexualize me if I don't want to deal with their bullshit. Especially if it's hot outside and I feel like wearing a washcloth. 

I dress very unsexily. Haha.

A large part (or maybe all?) of it is my personality. I am sophisticated, elegant, and pretty uptight honestly. I saw a feature on this one queen from some European country (Germany, maybe?) who didn't wear makeup, wore her hair up all of the time, and dressed very modestly in contrast to the period before the one she ruled in, in which women dressed very provocatively. I could be this woman's reincarnated form, who knows.

Also, like @GlamRocker I am annoyed by all of the entitlement and want it to be crystal clear that I am not interested.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:02 AM, MaggieB said:

As asexual- do you like to look sexy? (I don't mean dressing like prostitute for example). In my case-I like to wear fitted dresses and skirts and other clothes like this.

Yes and no, I like doing it for myself, but it makes me pretty self-conscious and uncomfortable outside my own house.

Archived