Account Deletions and Deactivations Thread

Guest Sheka4

1 hour ago, MichaelTannock said:

Is everything okay?

Yea, I just haven't used this account in over 2 years or something and realized in that time that I don't identify as ace. So it feels kind of odd to have this profile y'know?

48 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

Why though? Why can't we just delete accounts by ourselves? 

It's just how the software works I think. It's the same with other forums I've been on, so I guess that's a fairly common way of doing things.

• Like 1

It would make things more complicated if people could delete their own accounts. For example, members about to be banned could just delete their accounts and make new ones, and it'd be harder to figure out if it was the same person.

• 6 months later...

Hello! I havent been here in AVEN in a while. I would just like to ask how to permanently delete the account here? 

And I also have a question.. does all of the recent posts and topic i made will also be deleted once my account gets removed? 

I will appreciate replies. Thank you in advance. 

I will bring this to the admins' attention. They will reach out to you shortly.

Since you have more than 25 posts, your posts will stay up. Your username will be changed to something generic. If you'd like to have your posts deleted, you'd have to do that yourself.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Homer said:

Since you have more than 25 posts, your posts will stay up. Your username will be changed to something generic. If you'd like to have your posts deleted, you'd have to do that yourself.

Doesn't AVEN now have to delete all accounts if the person asks because of GDPR laws?

1 hour ago, LizModel said:

Hello! I havent been here in AVEN in a while. I would just like to ask how to permanently delete the account here? 

And I also have a question.. does all of the recent posts and topic i made will also be deleted once my account gets removed? 

I will appreciate replies. Thank you in advance. 

-_-

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Last one, how about the threads i made, how to delete? They have been in archive.. i dont know what to do. 

Thank you for noticing me. 

I have brought it up in the backroom. An admin will be reaching out to you shortly.

• Like 1
WünderBâhr
16 hours ago, TheAP said:

Doesn't AVEN now have to delete all accounts if the person asks because of GDPR laws?

Here is the relevant announcement. It does apply to the account, but not to the content (unless there is personally identifiable information in a post-- which, from what I have seen, Admods do generally keep an eye out for, when possible). 

Edited by WünderBâhr
Adding note
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
MichaelTannock

@Wowzerz An Admin can delete your account.

I will ask the Admins to do that for you.

One of them will send you a personal message to confirm.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
MichaelTannock

@CallieHope I will ask the Admins to do that for you.

One of them will send you a personal message to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...
MichaelTannock

@CallieHope You should have received a message. I'll tag them again to say that you haven't. I'm sorry about that.

• 1 month later...

@GKH, the forum administrators are the only ones who can delete accounts. I'll pass your request on to them. 

• Like 1

@GKH If it's just one or a couple of posts that you'd really like gone, then in the mean time you can also just edit everything you wrote away, and replace it with a dot or something. If people quoted things you said, you can't remove that, but you can ask the people who quoted you, or a mod, to remove the quotes for you.

• Like 3
MichaelTannock

I've moved this thread from "Questions about Asexuality" to "Site Comments".

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

• Like 2