Hi everyone!

jo20701

I browsed here a few years ago when I was figuring out my sexuality, but never made an account. Had a situation with my best and only friend (irl) of 10 years moving away and essentially ghosting me, which is not fun. Not really in the position to socialize irl right now, so I thought why not come here to a community of people I can be a little more open with!

Figured out I was ace a while back, which led into realizing I was bi. Wasn't really a big issue, no crisis, despite technically still being in the closet. I'm not dating anyone, never have, so I just don't really care to tell my family. Pretty sure I'm not aromatic (I had crushes in high school). I think I'm just someone who's okay without a relationship. 

Doesn't stop me from being lonely tho, so here's to making some friends! :) 

Grey-Ace Ventura

Awww I'm sorry that happened to you! I know you can definitely be open with people here because there's so much understanding, and I hope we'll be able to make you feel less lonely.

Welcome to AVEN!

Image result for cake with cartoon characters

Yep. I am into friend making too. So welcome new friend. 

I am really liking the fact we get cake every time...

Brownie+Mega+Cake+%25281%2529+copy.jpg

Hey there. Welcome glad you joined, you will for sure find nice people here. Here is a (small but delicious) cake....🎂

If it is cool we can be friends 😊

Maddiecakes

Hi! Welcome! I totally forgot about this site so I am getting reacquainted with everything. I'm down to make a new friend too, and I hope you find a good support system through AVEN! 

I thought I would respond to you because I have just (last year) lost contact with my best friend of 6 years, I'm not sure why she stopped talking to me. She said she needed space for a while but it has been so long I'm losing hope. Anyway, I get how you feel (kind of) and it is so important to reach out to others even though it's really hard, so thank you! 🎂

Welcome! I’m sue you’ll make tonnes of friends on here in no time :) 

c3.jpg

19 hours ago, Grey-Ace Ventura said:

Awww I'm sorry that happened to you! I know you can definitely be open with people here because there's so much understanding, and I hope we'll be able to make you feel less lonely.

Welcome to AVEN!

Image result for cake with cartoon characters

Thank you! So far this seems like a really nice group of people. And thats an amazing cake.. I'll have to send it to someone I know who loves superheroes 

18 hours ago, 3Xi3X said:

Yep. I am into friend making too. So welcome new friend. 

I am really liking the fact we get cake every time...

Brownie+Mega+Cake+%25281%2529+copy.jpg

Thanks! Same, it's a good thing I'm not on a diet, because I'm craving cake now lol.

18 hours ago, Maddiecakes said:

Hi! Welcome! I totally forgot about this site so I am getting reacquainted with everything. I'm down to make a new friend too, and I hope you find a good support system through AVEN! 

I thought I would respond to you because I have just (last year) lost contact with my best friend of 6 years, I'm not sure why she stopped talking to me. She said she needed space for a while but it has been so long I'm losing hope. Anyway, I get how you feel (kind of) and it is so important to reach out to others even though it's really hard, so thank you! 🎂

Thank you~ I'm still figuring out how to use the site myself. I guess we're sort of in the same boat. I do hope you hear from your friend again. Personally I feel like even if I hear from mine again it's really not going to be the same. A weird place to be in isn't it? 

I think AVEN will help me move on a bit ☺️

1 hour ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! I’m sue you’ll make tonnes of friends on here in no time :) 

c3.jpg

Thanks, so far so good! (That cake looks too delicious)

NickyTannock

A belated welcome to AVEN!

Your Crushes could have been Squishes, the Aromantic version of a Crush: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Romantic_attraction

I'm Aromantic, but I also joined the site due to feeling lonely.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 'Say Birdie!' Cake,

bqxbfqhbvppibq7ubicd.jpg

4 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

A belated welcome to AVEN!

Your Crushes could have been Squishes, the Aromantic version of a Crush: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Romantic_attraction

I'm Aromantic, but I also joined the site due to feeling lonely.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 'Say Birdie!' Cake,

bqxbfqhbvppibq7ubicd.jpg

Thanks! That's true, although I think it was a different feeling than how I felt towards other friends. You never know tho, I suppose I'll find out eventually.

A very apropos cake for me!

welcome jo20701 :cake: I'm sorry that your friend ghosted you. That's never fun especially when you never get closure. I am glad you are here though. I hope to see you around the board some

15 hours ago, Goonie said:

welcome jo20701 :cake: I'm sorry that your friend ghosted you. That's never fun especially when you never get closure. I am glad you are here though. I hope to see you around the board some

Thank you!! I'm getting used to the site and enjoying it :)

Archived