Hiya!

Grey-Ace Ventura

Grey-Ace Ventura

So I'm not new to AVEN because I've been reading the forums on and off since about last year, but I just decided to make an account today.

I'll start off with my story:

Until 10th grade, I thought I was straight by default, but I had never had crushes on guys. I learned about asexuality in a Human Growth and Development class about sexual orientations and I didn't start to think I was an ace until about a week later. I got really confused because I wanted physical intimacy (hugging, cuddling, etc.) but not sex. I eventually settled on ace / aro because I didn't want romance either. At first, I felt like I had figured myself out, but soon, I didn't really want to be aro because I felt like I'd be alone while everyone I knew had someone to make them happy, which made me question if I was really aro. I realized then that my idea of romance was incorrect, and I had thought it would be based more on sex than on companionship and attraction to someone else's personality, which is why I had identified as ace in the first place. Until this point, I had also not considered the fact that I could be attracted to girls. I had also ignored the crushes I had on two girls that year and the year before. With this in mind, as well as a more accurate definition of romance, I discovered that I was gay. I also discovered that I wasn't ace, but actually grey, because I very rarely experience sexual attraction.

The two friends I've told have been accepting and supportive about the fact that I'm grey, but so far, I haven't been able to find any other aces / demis / greys / aros, which is why I'm here. I'm hoping to find some friends and help people out as much as I can.

Welcome!

Don't worry too much about the identity stuff.  (I know that's easier said than done.)  There are plenty of people here who will help you out with all of that.  We've got just about every oddball microlabel represented here.

It's great that you had the kind of classes in school that discussed asexuality.  (I, for one, didn't have that advantage.  I learned about this stuff from a book, if you can believe that.)

Have fun with your self-discovery!

Grey-Ace Ventura

Thank you for the welcome! And I know most people don't learn about asexuality in schools, so I totally believe that.

Glad you’re here and although I am new and still need to make my introduction post/thread too, I am a quick learner and you are supposed to get a welcome cake so here ya go!

Grey-Pleats-Orchids-Wedding-Cake.jpg

Grey-Ace Ventura

Thanks!

DeeganTheMusician

Hello there! Here is some cake to welcome you :)chocolate-and-cream-layer-cake-1812-cove

Grey-Ace Ventura

Ooooo that one makes me want cake lol

Welcome! Wow I love your name :0 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

NickyTannock

I think I've welcomed you in another thread, but I don't mind welcoming you again. Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Jim Carrey Cake,

83d811_6c554a761c8e4f1da5635f53e1676f0e.

Grey-Ace Ventura

You have, and thank you for this second cake! I absolutely LOVE it!!

Archived