Daffyd

quentin

Is the "only gay in the village" actually gay? This is something I've been thinking about. Despite identifiing as gay, he never seems to accept that other people are also gay, nor does he seem to want to enter any form of relationship (sexual or otherwise) with anyone, despite general encouragement from Myfanwy.

I didn't really think about an "A Daffyd" because I didn't think that made sense. After all, what seems relavent is what you identify as. But who is Daffyd? For instance, why did he go for an HIV test if he hadn't had sex?

Anyway, I found this clip from Wikipaedia, the free encyclopaedia;

"He does not like being accepted as a homosexual, and even goes as far as to pretend he is an outcast. This is likely because by the time he found out he was gay, he was living in a world where homosexuality was tolerated and even accepted. However, a more likely explanation is that due to his skimpy outfits, he fails to shock people by saying that he is gay (he probably thinks everybody is as stupid as he is). In other words, he wants to be an outcast. He wants to experience homophobia. He wants to live a life of misery and repression.

Myfanwy constantly encourages him to meet other gay men and to have some "bum fun", something he never does and has never done, presumably out of fear. Other explanations could be he is a celibate, or that he isn't really gay at all, and is only pretending to be gay to get attention. Or maybe he just does not find the other gays attractive enough.

Apparently, he didn't realise he was gay until he was twenty-two (and he claims to be only twenty - five in an episode of the first series), and cannot recognize a fellow homosexual upon merely seeing one."

Apart from the fact that saying you cannot " recognize a fellow homosexual upon merely seeing one" seems very stereotyped considering that if you could, you'ld be a a bit bigoted, but it's an interesting quote.

Wicked Freemartin

I admit to having a crush on Matt Lucas, and I actually thought he *was* asexual for a while. There's a sketch he does on Little Britain where he's the guru in a weight loss workshop and at the end of the sketch, he shouted out, "I LOVE CAKE! CAKE! CAKE!" and thought, methinks the gentlemen doth protest too much. But according to Wiki, he's gay, and Wiki is never wrong...

Hehe I love Daffyd, hes one of my favourite characters. I don't think he is asexual despite obviously never having had sex.

I recall one episode (I think it was in series 1) where someone had brought the gay magazine he usually buys and he goes off in search of that person and comes to the home of the guy who supposedly brought it.

The guy who lives there is a very attractive guy and Daffyd starts to come on to him obviously attracted to him, only to find out it was his (not so attractive) brother that brought the magazine so Daffyd runs away.

Of course saying that it could have been a romatic attraction Daffyd had for the guy rather than a sexual one.

I heard that the character Daffyd was actually based on Brian (the winner of Big Brother 2) who was the only gay in the BB house until a few weeks in when Josh joined the house, he was also gay and Brian got very jealous even insisted that Josh wasn't really gay :lol:

Little Britain is a great show. Personally I think Daffyd is straight but is in denial about it :lol: . He seems to be in the pub a lot talking to Myfanwy could he like her? Like you said I think he likes the idea of being an outcast. But I’m sure he's not asexual as he seems to have the desire but is held back because of fear. Interesting idea though!

What are you referencing?

I don't think they are showing it in America are they? if not your in for a treat when they start showing it!!

Archived