Period-havers: How to Hide it at Work?

Zosia

DarkStormyKnight

I always have a spare couple of pads in my bag (multiple bags really). But got to be honest, I've kinda learned to stop giving a damn about whether people know that I'm on my period or not. Which was probably brought on by the fact that I'm really horrible at hiding it, I leave a trail of blood behind me for a couple days. It's not something that everyone can be open about in all workplaces, but I'm glad I feel comfortable with it.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Cimmerian said:

You don't have applicators? :o I don't know if I would have used tampons regularly without applicators, I was very squicked out by it all originally and would probably never have got it positioned correctly. The plastic ones are heaven-sent; there are still some cardboard ones on the market that are terrible.

I don't think applicators are a thing anywhere except the US haha. We had one brand here that had a plastic applicator, I remember my mum used to use them. I tried them once but it was impossible to get them in properly without re-positioning it myself. It wouldn't go in far enough, and never positioned it at a comfortable angle. Plus the plastic had a tendency to scrape, which (on top of the extra chemicals from the plastic) increased the chances of infection. I think they were taken off the market, because I haven't seen them since. So props to the American women who've managed to make it work! 

LonesomeCrow

I have a period only maybe once a year but I try to keep pads in my locker at work. Fortunately it's right near the bathroom and If I need one I'll tuck it into my pocket. I don't carry a purse.

Archived