What does it mean to be a racist?

InDefenseOfPOMO

Artistofnoname

Its been so over used these days that it can be applied to anything and everything.

It is an always someone who judges or treats someone in a harsh manner just by the color of skin. Whether to discriminate because a person is black,white,brown,yellow, or whatever it's not good for anyone. That should be the one definition for it as it has always been.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:25 AM, Jona Rhys said:

but it is racist to assume that their skin colour means they are intelligent or stupid or dishonest or whatever negative or postive associations you may hold

But wouldn't this mean we all have racist traits within us?

Considering we all share levels of prejudice within us based on our environments?

Doesn't mean you will mean any harm to another, but doesn't mean you won't judge someone even if subconsciously based on their appearance. 

Based on western culture. You see a group of black guys in baggy jeans and red bandanas walking towards you at night and you grow nervous as are alone, I hate to say it--but this is prejudiced based on your description.

However, it's also basic human instincts and an awareness that these people are likelier to  bring harm to you then a group of 5 black men with Blackberries in suits. 

Very few want to admit to being prejudiced in the slightest. 

I see a group of hoodlums and am on my Ps and Qs. 

I hate hearing people tell me: "I don't see color". 

That's the politically correct equivalent of telling me I don't exist. 

Artistofnoname
2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

But wouldn't this mean we all have racist traits within us?

Considering we all share levels of prejudice within us based on our environments?

Doesn't mean you will mean any harm to another, but doesn't mean you won't judge someone even if subconsciously based on their appearance. 

Based on western culture. You see a group of black guys in baggy jeans and red bandanas walking towards you at night and you grow nervous as are alone, I hate to say it--but this is prejudiced based on your description.

However, it's also basic human instincts and an awareness that these people are likelier to  bring harm to you then a group of 5 black men with Blackberries in suits. 

Very few want to admit to being prejudiced in the slightest. 

I see a group of hoodlums and am on my Ps and Qs. 

I hate hearing people tell me: "I don't see color". 

That's the politically correct equivalent of telling me I don't exist. 

It comes off seeking out victim hood.

• 2 weeks later...
philosophie7382

i think its when someone has negativ thoughts About People who are in the same groop 

Archived