This kind of acephobia confuse me to hell...

R_1

"Hi, I'm ace!"

"You're sick! See a doc!"

Like how does being ace equate to having a sexuality with a preference to the immoral? Or MGTOW in some cases?

I mean, there are people out there who think that sex is a human right and other people being selective in sexual partners denies them of that right. Being told I'm merely unwell isn't as terrible as being told that I shouldn't have the right to bodily autonomy.

Don't pay attention to it, they just can't understand a life without sexual impulses because they were taught to believe that heterosexuality is the only orientation known to man/womankind.

Scottthespy

In my experience, some people actually have this odd subconscious tick where they think you have to be attracted to something, so when you say you aren't, they assume you are but to something you're not willing to admit. Most of the time, instead of telling people I'm 'asexual' or 'not interested' or whatever, I have a script I follow. People ask about a boyfriend/husband, I say 'no, I'm not into men'. So they look a little surprised and say 'oh, girlfriend then...?' and I smile and shake my head. 'Not into women either'. And they they usually go to animals or children, which I also deny, and then they ask 'well then what' and I get to say "nothing, nadda zip. I've never wanted sex or been attracted to anyone or anything. In layman's terms, I dun got no libido." And this seems to get the point across. But people DO often ask about that third, taboo possibility. So its possible that when you say 'none', some people are hearing 'something I don't want you to know about' instead.

Because people are egocentric and often unable to see experiences outside what they can relate to with their own experiences.

SupercalifragilisticNugget

Basically repeating what most of the comments here have been saying already, but.. with sex being so huge in everything, from books to TV shows and movies to magazines to food commercials.. people have a hard time realising the fact that there might be people out there who do not actually care or desire it. At all. And because of this, their immediate response is that there is something wrong with those particular people because “everyone else does it.” 

Two reasons. Firstly ignorance, people don't know what asexuality is, and think it may be catching. 

Secondly its a dent to their ego, as they expect everyone of the appropriate gender to be attracted to them. 

We're compared to MGTOW's? Seriously? How the hell are we any way like those misognistic jerks? 

20 hours ago, Evobessive said:

We're compared to MGTOW's? Seriously? How the hell are we any way like those misognistic jerks? 

Yes, there are people who does that. The logic is that if you reject others to have sex, that must mean you reject them entirely, so therefore you are one of them.

Honestly, being called a POS is better than incel. Incels are worse than that. Much worse.

4 hours ago, R_1 said:

Honestly, being called a POS is better than incel. Incels are worse than that. Much worse.

True, I've seen some of the things they say about women, absolutely disgusting.  

Purple Wanderer
On 7/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, R_1 said:

"Hi, I'm ace!"

"Have your hormones checked"

Fml...

9 hours ago, R_1 said:

Yes, there are people who does that. The logic is that if you reject others to have sex, that must mean you reject them entirely, so therefore you are one of them.

I am sorta new here and easily confused...what’s a MGTOW, POS, and incel?

10 minutes ago, Faylinn said:

Groups of men with issues...best to Google and read all about them. POS = Piece Of Shit

16 minutes ago, Faylinn said:

MGTOW is Men Going Their Own Way, which is a movement for men to eschew gender roles of breadwinning and chivalry, basically out of spite and resentment towards women. 

Incel is short for involuntarily celibate, and it's a movement of mostly men who aren't getting the sexual attention they want and see it as a denial of their rights and entitlements to sexual partners (mostly women). 

Actually, they're the same now. There is a sub reddit named inceltears(don't look it up if you aren't used to it) where people mock them or point out their crimes.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, R_1 said:

"Hi, I'm ace!"

I'm ace and I'm healthier and in way better condition than most people my age.

Archived