Make your own theme park!

Crazycrazycultist

Crazycrazycultist

This was an idea that I thought of after binge watching DefunctLand.

Okay, imagine this scenario. You get to make your own theme park. It can be themed after whatever you want, you easily have all the money and tools necessary to build it, and it can be for any audience you desire. Or, all audiences. Here's mine...

LittleBigPlanet: With a game series that has a lot of interesting locations, I think it wouldn't be bad for a theme park.

Pink Floyd: I only chose this because the idea sounds so stupid that I almost want it to be real. Think about the rides that could be based off of this! I had an idea about a V.R-type experience based off of the animated segments of the film. "Pink Floyd: The Wall"

Neopets: I would like this to be a theme park for the sole reason of finding out how many people would actually want to go.

Queen: It's popular enough now people to want it.

Any other good ideas? I'd love to hear them!

Crazycrazycultist
1 minute ago, CajunAce said:

animeland

I'm surprised it doesn't exist already!

Grumpy Alien

Disne- oh wait

Crazycrazycultist
6 minutes ago, disGraceful said:

Disne- oh wait

Dammit! They beat us to it!

RoseGoesToYale

I have a deep-seated cultural and sociological aversion to "theme" parks, for reasons I will not delve into here (but now that I think about it, maybe I'll delve elsewhere), but I will say if I could make an amusement park with rollercoasters and rides and such, the "theme" would be how the rides were made, how they operate, and the physics behind them. Kind of a see-how-it-works museum with a scream-your-head-off exhibit. And put a water park next to it themed in hydrodynamics and the water cycle.

Not sure about theme, but mine would not have rollercoasters and other "thrill rides", but would be more like the some of the Disneyland rides of my youth (Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, and others of that ilk). Maybe it would have a few different themes, like a dinosaur/prehistoric eras section, a steampunk section, a fantasy section ala Tolkien, some miniature landscapes with towns and other landscapes, and possibly other themes. Sort of a combination botanic garden, natural history museum, interactive museum, etc. 

Rome - (with robots like westworld?).  The Romans knew how to have fun!  Need some non-historical modifications but it would still be great. 

47 minutes ago, uhtred said:

Rome - (with robots like westworld?).  The Romans knew how to have fun!  Need some non-historical modifications but it would still be great. 

so giant coliseums to watch people fight to the death?

2 hours ago, CajunAce said:

Might be one of the modifications :P:P

Grumpy Alien
6 hours ago, daveb said:

Not sure about theme, but mine would not have rollercoasters and other "thrill rides", but would be more like the some of the Disneyland rides of my youth (Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, and others of that ilk). Maybe it would have a few different themes, like a dinosaur/prehistoric eras section, a steampunk section, a fantasy section ala Tolkien, some miniature landscapes with towns and other landscapes, and possibly other themes. Sort of a combination botanic garden, natural history museum, interactive museum, etc. 

I’d go there!

Crazycrazycultist
10 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I have a deep-seated cultural and sociological aversion to "theme" parks, for reasons I will not delve into here (but now that I think about it, maybe I'll delve elsewhere), but I will say if I could make an amusement park with rollercoasters and rides and such, the "theme" would be how the rides were made, how they operate, and the physics behind them. Kind of a see-how-it-works museum with a scream-your-head-off exhibit. And put a water park next to it themed in hydrodynamics and the water cycle.

I'd go to it! A theme park and water park museum sounds pretty good!

Crazycrazycultist
9 hours ago, daveb said:

I'm kind of surprised there isn't some Tolkien-based park or ride. I know of quite a few family who'd love that!

Crazycrazycultist
8 hours ago, uhtred said:

Let's call the park...RomeWorld!

Crazycrazycultist

Okay, I think I might have another idea. How about a theme park based off of the work of Hieronymus Bosch? I know of a certain thread here on A.V.E.N that would love it

10 hours ago, CajunAce said:

Not to the death, but you could have SCA style sword fights with enough safety equipment that no one got hurt.  Chariot races - again with a few mods to avoid hurting people or animals 

Other things too: have you seen reconstructions of the roman baths?  Some were large enough that you could fit a Gothic cathedral in one of the hall. There were gardens, monuments, temples etc. 

Since its a theme park it would be somewhat sanitized relative to real ancient Rome but could still have a lot of the same atmosphere. 

7 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

I'm kind of surprised there isn't some Tolkien-based park or ride. I know of quite a few family who'd love that!

I think the closest is New Zealand, and Hobbiton where you get to walk through and see various hobbit houses and stuff. :) 

A theme park designed after OTGW, Gravity falls and Infinity train.

It'll be creepy as hell but hey what's a good show without a little scare?

Crazycrazycultist
Just now, ColeHW said:

A theme park designed after OTGW, Gravity falls and Infinity train.

It'll be creepy as hell but hey what's a good show without a little scare?

Sounds like a good idea!

Archived