Are all aromantics Quoiromantics?

HJNosyt

I'm pretty confident that I'm aromantic, as I've never had a crush or the feelings that come with it. I came across Quoiromantic - " Is someone whose romantic orientation is on the aromantic spectrum that describes people who cannot differentiate between platonic and romantic attraction, cannot define romantic attraction and therefore are not sure if they experience it, experience attraction somewhere between romantic and platonic, or want to be in a queerplatonic relationship. It’s also known as WTFromantic or Whatromantic or Platoniromantic."

Does this mean that all aromantics are quoiromantics, because you can't define something that you have never felt? Please help! 

Well some aromantics can definitely tell they haven't experienced it and are confident in that. Don't let such a small thing worry you. Sometimes attractions are clear cut but not always. Just as a hell lot of asexuals know that their asexual before they even have sex. 

Anthracite_Impreza

No, otherwise no one could call themselves asexual either. I knew for a fact I was aro towards humans long before I realised I had romantic feelings towards vehicles.

Well i don't think every aromantic person can be defined as quoiromantic(?-- did i spell it right??) If a person can say that they don't feel sexual attraction to someone,i think they can tell some difference between plantoic and romantic attraction. This is just my view on it. 

i mean i don’t think every aromantic is quoiromantic but being quoiromantic can fall under the ace spectrum, if that makes any sense?

i definitely relate to being quoiromantic, because i love romance and watching romantic movies makes me feel really sad and empty because i realize i won’t ever experience a romantic relationship. i always fall between platonic and romantic but never one or the other. all my crushes fall somewhere beneath the middle, but then i can’t do anything about it because a good majority of these people are sexuals and wouldn’t want to be with someone who isn’t. so yea it just b like that sometimes.

I thought about identifying as quoiromantic. I can't figure out what is useful or special or desirable about a romantic relationship if you don't want any kind of physical intimacy (no kissing/cuddling /hand holding/etc). But I never have crushes or squishes, I don't want to have a romantic relationship, I don't think about people I see or friends or tv characters or anyone "wouldn't it be nice if..." and so on. I don't feel like I have emotional needs that platonic relationships can't fill. And given how little recognition of asexual there is, I figured it would be easier to stick with a major label like aromantic. That tells people I don't want a romantic relationship and don't experience crushes or romantic attraction which is true.

Archived