Returning to AVEN

Jules_14

I made an AVEN account a few years ago, but I was still struggling with my asexuality and I didn't really do much. I recently came to terms with the fact that even if my (a)sexuality changes in the future (more on that later), I am asexual right now. Sexuality isn't just fluid in terms of who you're attracted to, it's also fluid in terms of time, it can change. So I'm here.

I've know for a while that I'm ace, I just had trouble accepting it as an identifier because I know for a fact that my hormones are messed up from my chronic Lyme disease/co-infections. With chronic illnesses, your reproductive system is one of the first to go on hiatus because it takes so much energy away from the immune system. There is a better than decent chance that once I'm further along in treatments, my hormones will even out and I'll have a sex drive, or at least that's what my doctor thinks and she's seen a lot of people through chronic lyme. It's hard because I don't know if being asexual is a part of who I am or as a result of my infections. But right now, I don't feel sexual attraction. And that's ok.

I've also got celiac, so I'm not a big cake person. Here's some cheesecake instead.

strawberry-orange-cheesecake-16.jpg

Welcome back! Lyme's disease can be awful; I hope you continue to improve. ❤️ 

In lieu of cake, fancy chocolate!

file.jpg

NickyTannock

@Jules_14 Welcome back to AVEN!

And good luck with your treatments!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Cheesecake,

jr8ytoawjdv4pvmvvpo6.jpg

Welcome back! We're happy to have you for as long as you want to stay :) 

236368680412716196_a6s0uzd4_c1.jpg

Archived