Question on Anesthetic Attraction

SilverDragon

SilverDragon

I've pretty much decided that I'm asexual, but I have question.

Are there different level of anesthetic attraction?

I was reading Incredibly Ace moments( So fun to read, and a rather teaching), and I was just curious because some users would compare attraction to admiring art or something. I think I get strongly attracted. Like instead of just nodding and looking at a painting and thinking it's nice, I would be more like... highly admiring them and thinking more romantically. It doesn't feel sexual in anyway, but like happening to find an excellent dish and wanting more. I would be interested in a romantic relationship, but maybe at another time because i'm in one/ not feeling it right now. I don't always feel strongly, sometimes I'll be eh. Well, mostly eh, some I think are pretty, but when I'm attracted I really can tell the difference.

Or maybe I was just misreading what they said. Point is, I can't tell. (Also, I hope this is the right place to post this. I think it is.)

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Romantic and Aromantic Orientations'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Well, some people got a nice haircut and some people look like divine beings from another world. I don't see how it's odd to react a bit differently to seeing these different types of pretty, I mean, the later is pretty distracting, the first I hardly pay attention to.

If you feel romantic attraction on top of it that's a thing in itself.

Anthracite_Impreza

Yeah, I get really strong aesthetic attraction, if you wanna call it that. I've had to fan myself from pure looks before :ph34r: A crush is a different matter entirely.

44 minutes ago, CBC said:

Not sure you've got the right word there...

(Please don't chloroform your dates.)

2-F42-B829-F5-DF-4340-88-B4-C16-D154-B36

But my date was a ... knock-out. :D

SilverDragon

Facepalm

And I call myself a writer. I meant aesthetic attraction. (I feel like an idiot.) Sorry, i'm new here.

I didn't know about this forum (normally check the other ones), so i'll read up the FAQ before posting anything.

Archived