Body hair

Zagadka

I shave my pubic area,, have been for about 5 years, I like the and the feel so much better than having hair down their.

Been shaving my armpits consistently since I was 14 or so. I simply can't stand the sight of pit hair - on myself or on anyone else, regardless of gender. *shudder*

I also shave/trim my head hair so the hairline around my Captain Picard Memorial Area is straight-ish, instead of having some stray splotches left standing, defying to go the way of their lost neighbors. 

Aside from that... it grows where it grows. I did shave my legs for a while (2000-2003?ish?), but gave up on it after that as just too much work.

@Mysticus Insanus

"Captain Picard Memorial Area", great term :P

Anonymous Axolotl

I feel like people should do whatever makes themselves most comfortable when it comes to shaving. As long as they stay clean, that's all I think matters. That being said, I do prefer clean-shaven people aesthetically. I can't stand beards (for some reason, they make me feel very uncomfortable just by looking at them) but a bit of facial hair doesn't bother me too much. I much prefer the smooth, shaven look on someone regardless of gender, but again, that's just for aesthetic reasons.

When it comes to myself, I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I don't shave my legs since I wear compression stockings for up to 15 hours a day, and shaving your legs when you have to wear those is torture. It's not only itchy all the time but there is also a degree of pain when the new hair is trying to grow in. Plus, the chances of getting ingrown hairs and infected hair follicles skyrockets. I never want to experience any of that again. Around the same time I stopped shaving my legs, I stopped shaving my armpits because of the discomfort from having the hair grow back in.

RakshaTheCat
On 7/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, Snao Cone said:

Oh funny, I was at a picnic with a bunch of aces today and noticed that most of the ones wearing shorts (who were all generally femme presenting) didn't shave their legs.

Really? I don't think there is even one person like that here in this thread (unless I missed someone), even most AMABs seem to betray fluffiness...

Hmm, maybe I should make something like 'hairy legs appreciation thread', wonder how many people would be brave enough to show proof of their floof 😸

I go through phases for how I like my body hair. Sometimes I’ll shave, epilate, and wax almost all by body hair for months. Then for awhile I’ll maybe shave my underarms if I feel like it. I usually wear tights or jeans so even if I get rid of my hairy legs it’s not noticeable. 

I would prefer to be hairless aside from the hair on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows but laser is expensive and I have a lot of dark body hair. 

Revan-Embry

I've recently started to hate my body hair. This is especially related to me currently in the process of transitioning. Its been a little annoying with shaving beard and recently chest/torso due to my hair growing back pretty quickly. Looking into electrolysis for beard but everything is manageable by self.

I remember a group of other girls making fun of me in fifth grade when we went swimming because at that point in my life I wasn't shaving anything.  I had breasts, visibly hairy legs and all the things a teenager is expected to have even though I was only a tween.  And it felt fine to me.  But I was still upset about the teasing, and my mom was horrified because she thought it was too soon for me to be thinking about shaving.  But she showed me how anyway.  It's amazing how things change once you get accustomed to shaving.  Now I can't imagine NOT shaving.  I feel gross if I don't do it regularly.  I'm not here to judge anyone else, though.  It's definitely an inconvenience. 

What others do ist their own decision, of course.

To myself the thought alone of having hair on my body is yucky although I never get to see or to touch it. So I am happy that  - following family tradition - each single one was removed carefully and permanently as soon as it appeared, starting long before puberty with plucking out all of my eyebrows. No hair on me anywhere apart from scalp hair and eyelashes. But the expectations of society did not play any role with that. I am rather modest so nobody except my wife and medical staff ever gets to see more of my skin than my head and my hands, everything else stays covered under all circumstances.

BlakeTheNightowl~

So I sometimes shave my legs underarm other times I don’t care for it i don’t shave down there since I get that irritated / itchy feeling / pimples  so never again 😂😂  I do get my lip waxed though any hair on my face I’ll get it waxed 

One thing I'm puzzled about is how a lot of the folks that have tried shaving their pubic region, comment about the irritation after a couple of days. I've never experienced this and can go about six or seven days between shaves. 

Could the irritation be due to improper methods?

BlakeTheNightowl~
32 minutes ago, will123 said:

One thing I'm puzzled about is how a lot of the folks that have tried shaving their pubic region, comment about the irritation after a couple of days. I've never experienced this and can go about six or seven days between shaves. 

Could the irritation be due to improper methods?

Reallyy  I use a razor and it itches / gets irritated fast so I don’t anymore 

2 minutes ago, Blake23 said:

Reallyy  I use a razor and it itches / gets irritated fast so I don’t anymore 

I just use a Gillette three bladed razor and go to it...;)

BlakeTheNightowl~
39 minutes ago, will123 said:

I just use a Gillette three bladed razor and go to it...;)

Oh lol to each their own nicenice  Ive stopped shaving down there 😂 

BlakeTheNightowl~
1 minute ago, pma01 said:

I have never had any itching or irritation

Lucky you 😂

Even the first time I shaved it wasn’t all that bad, I bought an electric trimmer especially for the pubic area, it’s great, no chance of cutting myself, it only takes me a few minutes to maintain it, I shave it fairly regular, tbh shaving the pubic area was the best thing I ever did, I love how it looks and feels, I got so sick of the hair, it was so bushy and it got in the way, I like a hairless body

I have never removed the hair on my legs, I guess I’m pretty lucky (considering what society says is attractive and unattractive) to have short and not too dark hairs. I kind of like my leg hairs, they make my legs look all soft, but I do sometimes feel the pressure when in public or around closed minded people. 

I also tried for around 4-5 months, not shaving my underarms. It was fun to se how my body’s natural state looked like, and I felt a sense of empowerment. But for me right now, the social pressure is too much, so I shave my underarms. 

Though I only shave my bikini area when I need to wear swimwear, because my skin is super sensitive there and it itch and I get ingrown hairs. It doesn’t feel good to have hair sticking out and I don’t like to wear longer bathing shorts (mostly because I get a weird tan). 

But i wish there’s was no social pressure to remove hair, and I wish it wasn’t gendered. It’s your body so you should decide what you whant to do with it. 

RakshaTheCat
39 minutes ago, Calendulala said:

But i wish there’s was no social pressure to remove hair, and I wish it wasn’t gendered. It’s your body so you should decide what you whant to do with it. 

True, pressure is stupid, and making it gendered is double dumb. Glad we have another true mammal, everyone else here seem to hate their fluff so much that I suspect they are actually reptiles... 😸

Anthracite_Impreza
On 7/16/2019 at 8:54 AM, Marcin said:

Hmm, maybe I should make something like 'hairy legs appreciation thread', wonder how many people would be brave enough to show proof of their floof 😸

I'm proud of my hairy legs and arms; my legs are hairer than my dad's now he's getting on a bit.

Custard Cream

In summer I shave my underarms, but apart from that, how conscious I am about body hair seems to be linked to how female I feel. 

I used to not shave at all, mostly because I didn't need to, and because shaving is time-consuming and razors are expensive. Lately, though, I've had motivation to, and now I try to keep myself as bare as possible. I really, really don't have a problem with body hair, it's just that I've found I don't like it on me. I used to shave religiously, including around my bikini area, but then I started developing really bad razor burn, so I've cut back on it a bit. I've found moisturizing helps a lot.

AmorphousBlob

I don't remove anything, my hair grows ridiculously fast and any amount of hair feels like sandpaper. I'm just lazy for the most part. I actually like the look of my leg and arm hair, since it makes me feel less feminine. I find that most days the same is true for my underarms. I like having hair covering my privates because it means I don't have to see them. Dysphoria and all that.

BlakeTheNightowl~
1 minute ago, AmorphousBlob said:

I don't remove anything, my hair grows ridiculously fast and any amount of hair feels like sandpaper. I'm just lazy for the most part. I actually like the look of my leg and arm hair, since it makes me feel less feminine. I find that most days the same is true for my underarms. I like having hair covering my privates because it means I don't have to see them. Dysphoria and all that.

me too !! I don't shave down there since I have dysphoria and I have sensitive skin  too so it will just get irritated If I do 

I don't mind having leg or arm hair but I absolutely HATE facial hair and private parts hair!

It makes me feel really testosterony and I don't really like that societal expectation about guys....

I also hate my privates so it just anoyys me tbh...

7 hours ago, Lee ✧ said:

I used to not shave at all, mostly because I didn't need to, and because shaving is time-consuming and razors are expensive. Lately, though, I've had motivation to, and now I try to keep myself as bare as possible. I really, really don't have a problem with body hair, it's just that I've found I don't like it on me. I used to shave religiously, including around my bikini area, but then I started developing really bad razor burn, so I've cut back on it a bit. I've found moisturizing helps a lot.

The time spent isnt a big deal to me. I shave my face every other day while my pubic area and genitals gets looked after once a week.

I had been just using 'regular' formula shaving cream but recently switched to an aloe formulation.

abandoned-account

I only shave my armpits to help with the smell when I sweat. I like most of my body hair how it is though and have no reason for shaving elsewhere.

The social norm here in the U.S. where women have to shave their legs or they’re “unhygenic” is extremely stupid IMO, same way with men shaving also being unacceptable. It’s no one else’s business what we do with our own body hair. For the most part it has nothing to do with hygene, either...

BlakeTheNightowl~
28 minutes ago, Vee. said:

I only shave my armpits to help with the smell when I sweat. I like most of my body hair how it is though and have no reason for shaving elsewhere.

The social norm here in the U.S. where women have to shave their legs or they’re “unhygenic” is extremely stupid IMO, same way with men shaving also being unacceptable. It’s no one else’s business what we do with our own body hair. For the most part it has nothing to do with hygene, either...

Exactlyy !! and they say it’s not good to shave since hair is natural! 

Back in the 90s I dared myself that I couldn't keep a beard for a year starting around March when I hadn't shaved for about four days. I was afraid of the hacking away the whiskers. I managed to keep it for the year but had the girl that cut my hair remove it ASAP. There were some days in July and August when I wished it was gone.

Then for a few winters until the grey hairs started to outnumber the brown, I stopped shaving in November and kept it on until the snowmobiling season was over.

Archived