People with male junk, what do you think?

Zagadka

That's a question of maturity more than anything else IMO.

Edit: I like having a penis because it's practical when I travel. My balls don't bother me, but I couldn't care less if I woke up without them tomorrow.

@Cryowolf, the majority of males get erections when asleep, typically (according to research) three to five times a night. Morning wood (and the misnamed bladder erection) are nothing more than waking during one of these cycles.

Circumcision is generally estimated to reduce the sensitivity of the glans by 20-40%, so it's not necessarily a good thing. 

I could happily do with out it - it's advertising something that isn't available :P - 

DuranDuranfan

That’s why it’s called a hard pee. 

Indifferent, but I can't not notice it either. I am also legit afraid of having an erection too. It's annoying when I don't ask for it, and I rarely ask for it. The scrotum I don't mind very much. They're a little fun to massage I guess, but occasionally they'll itch and hurt and that annoys me. They swell up if I don't relieve every other day, and that's when it sucks worse. But they're just there. I like it when it's convenient like using public restrooms and not having to carry a child or periods, but in all it's just there. 

As others have said, the 'P' is convenient in design - I've got no issue with mine, although it would be nicer if it could vanish / sheath-itself-away whilst I don't need it! I don't really have a problem with unexpected arousal, as I know that if it does misbehave I can just ignore it until it returns to normal. 

If it were medically sensible to have my own 'low hanging fruit' removed or permanently / painlessly tucked away, I'd be down for that though. Quite an ugly design, and often the cause of pain if mistreated. 

DuranDuranfan
On 7/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, levelskid said:

I like it when it's convenient like using public restrooms. 

And faster. That’s why there’s virtually no lineup. This would be eliminated by having anyone AFAB to learn how to take a leak standing up. It’s faster, more convenient and liberating. And it can be done.

I’d like to imagine myself as brave enough to skip the lineup of the women’s washroom and ducking into the Men’s washroom, but in reality it’s easier said than done, as I can’t seem to shake that ingrained thought pattern of it being verboten ground ever since this one time I was dared by a boy in elementary school to go into the boys bathroom(which I did out of curiosity), and got caught as I came back out by a teacher, and got scolded for it. Plus, I fear that my bladder will get performance anxiety. I’ve only ever seen what the inside of a men’s washroom looked like when I was working in custodial jobs. So I think for me to actually duck into the men’s washroom to use the urinal(if it’s not high up on the wall), I need liquid courage. 

I hate standing to pee personally, and I'm male.  Too much risk of accidents and... splashback.

DuranDuranfan
38 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

I hate standing to pee personally, and I'm male.  Too much risk of accidents and... splashback.

So does my husband unless the situation calls for it(there’s no washroom nearby). But it’s more because he had, ahem, aiming troubles.

I like my genitals, I like erections, masturbating, also like looking at other guys stuff.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:55 PM, Zagadka said:

So I was just curious. There are common threads about female body bits, but I haven't seen much discussion about male. It is a topic I find interesting, especially for trans women. And I've seen women be fascinated with the concept of a penis just dangling there.

I'm rather indifferent. I suppose it is all convenient, but it does get in the way and uncomfortable a lot. Hiding sexual arousal also seems to be a problem, as well as a public obsession with penis size and performance. I'm not going to compare pressure on male versus female, because it is apples and oranges, but I feel like there is a lot of focus on it. It certainly seems a lot more publicly acceptable to talk about a penis than a vagina for some reason.

Do people really enjoy playing with their penis? I've never felt a lot of desire to touch it, but I have a low libido anyway.

And how do you feel about a scrotum and testicles?

Okay, so this isn't something I like to talk about, so I'm putting all the TMI stuff in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Regarding hiding sexual arousal, ever since I started hormones my libido dropped from like, pretty low, to completely non-existent. Like, just for reference, over the last 3 months, I don't remember ever getting an erection, or even waking up w/ morning wood. So hiding sexual arousal isn't a problem really... 

As far as the whole scrotum bit goes, I'm firmly in the not a fan camp. Some other trans women are okay with having their dangly bits. Me? Not so much. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:14 AM, Homer said:

Then that someone needs to know that morning wood isn't sexual. It's no "head start" when you go masturbate either. You're starting from scratch.

Go take a piss and it's gone :)

Yes but sometimes it's difficult (I was going to say hard) to hit the toilet.

As a cyclist wearing lycra shorts I find it takes a few minutes to get my junk in the 'right spot' where it's comfortable.

An issue that I don't seem to have anymore is getting aroused while wearing cycling shorts or tights while on the commuter train. A confined erection is painful (quite noticeable if standing) and nothing can be done until it subsides.

Other than those quibbles, I'm OK with the fact I have a penis and scrotum.

Bike seats suck. I dread that entire situation and definitely prefer loose shorts.

I just wanted to additionally comment (since it just happened) that strongly sneezing can REALLY F*ING HURT.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, DuranDuranfan said:

And faster. That’s why there’s virtually no lineup. This would be eliminated by having anyone AFAB to learn how to take a leak standing up. It’s faster, more convenient and liberating. And it can be done.

I’d like to imagine myself as brave enough to skip the lineup of the women’s washroom and ducking into the Men’s washroom, but in reality it’s easier said than done, as I can’t seem to shake that ingrained thought pattern of it being verboten ground and the fear that my bladder will get performance anxiety. I’ve only ever seen what the inside of a men’s washroom looked like when I was working in custodial jobs. So I think for me to actually duck into the men’s washroom to use the urinal(if it’s not high up on the wall), I need liquid courage. 

Go to a Melissa Etheridge concert and the 'quicker way' will be the mens' washroom.

Seen that and had performance anxiety/stage fright standing at the urinal listening to females chatter in the cubicles...

DuranDuranfan

Yeah I have heard that guys get shy bladder when sharing the same bathroom space with women. 

1 minute ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Yeah I have heard that guys get shy bladder when sharing the same bathroom space with women. 

The first and only time for me. I dont know why it would happen, it's not like they were commenting on my 'assets' let alone seeing them.:unsure:

2 minutes ago, DuranDuranfan said:

shy bladder

I get that when anyone else is too close, regardless of their gender. It's one reason I don't like public urinals, or even stalls with too much open space above the stall walls or between the door and door frame. I don't care if women are in the same restroom as me if there is more privacy.

I guess college (co-ed bathrooms) beat it out of me, but I don't really fear body functions. I'm not a fan of them (I don't even like fart jokes), but everyone pees. I mean, I'm not proud of it, but... enough stigma already

DuranDuranfan
9 minutes ago, will123 said:

The first and only time for me. I dont know why it would happen, it's not like they were commenting on my 'assets' let alone seeing them.:unsure:

I would never do that. I read the etiquette of men’s washroom use and besides, I’d lose my focus(and my aim lol!). I always look down to make sure I’m on target lol!

11 minutes ago, daveb said:

I get that when anyone else is too close, regardless of their gender. It's one reason I don't like public urinals, or even stalls with too much open space above the stall walls or between the door and door frame. I don't care if women are in the same restroom as me if there is more privacy.

I figure at a sporting event or concert, if I hate waiting for a urinal to become available, I dont want to spend any more time holding someone else up. Guys can be on either side me and I could care less. Thats why the other episode puzzled me so much LOL

DuranDuranfan
10 minutes ago, daveb said:

Some bathrooms have dividers between each of the urinals, but if they’re too small, I guess that’d still be an issue for you, I assume.

Men would (and do) 100% go for a stall rather than a urinal, even in an empty bathroom. Handing your penis is considered rather awkward. I certainly don't glance anywhere other than the exact spot I'm peeing, peripheral vision be damned.

It's not a fear of the bodily function or anything like that, for me. It's a natural act (doesn't make me want to witness it though). It's that standing there with your fly open or pants down is a vulnerable position and I have a fear of being vulnerable like that, partially born out of harassment as a child. Same reason I don't like physical contact with people I don't know, especially males. For the most part it has only been a source of pain for me (unless it's professional, like a doctor and then it has to be put up with).

2 minutes ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Some bathrooms have dividers between each of the urinals, but if they’re too small, I guess that’d still be an issue for you, I assume.

Yep, still too exposed. I want a door I can lock.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:14 AM, pma01 said:

I like my genitals, I like erections, masturbating, also like looking at other guys stuff.

Same here.

Don't really have any comfort issues.

I'm still pissed off (pun intended;)) that I was mutilated, as a baby. Circumcisions are unnecessary, unless there's a medical issue.

All based on a religious fanatic's campaign to keep boys from masturbating. 

19 minutes ago, Tja said:

I'm still pissed off (pun intended;)) that I was mutilated, as a baby.

All based on a religious fanatic's campaign to keep boys from masturbating. 

On the former, I really have no opinion on my 'incomplete' self.

On the latter, it doesn't work...

DuranDuranfan
42 minutes ago, daveb said:

It's not a fear of the bodily function or anything like that, for me. It's a natural act (doesn't make me want to witness it though). It's that standing there with your fly open or pants down is a vulnerable position and I have a fear of being vulnerable like that, partially born out of harassment as a child. Same reason I don't like physical contact with people I don't know, especially males. For the most part it has only been a source of pain for me (unless it's professional, like a doctor and then it has to be put up with).

Yep, still too exposed. I want a door I can lock.

Yeah, I’ve read about how traumatic memories involving what happened in a washroom(ie harassment from bullies), can have that effect.

With me, if I did duck into the men’s washroom in order to skip the line, unless I was drunk, I’d use the stall. But that comes from the ingrained idea of women shouldn’t be seen taking a leak. Which is why even if I’m outdoors and there’s no washroom nearby, I look for the bush or tree that offers the best concealment, even if I don’t have to drop trou(yes I can even go through my open fly as long as my pants sit slightly below my hips and the fly is long).

I like having a penis because peeing standing up is super convenient and also a penis is fairly low maintenance. Testicles on the other hand I could do without. They are bulky hairy bags of nerves that can cause pain. They sweat in the summer and can get shriveled in the winter-oh testicles are you never happy!? 

3 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Men would (and do) 100% go for a stall rather than a urinal, even in an empty bathroom.

As a general statement, this is not true. I for one couldn't care less. I also don't have a shy bladder or whatever. Either you gotta go or you don't, at least that's how it works for me.

3 hours ago, will123 said:

Yes but sometimes it's difficult (I was going to say hard) to hit the toilet

WTF? Just sit down then.

Fascinating. I suppose a dude's package could be loosely compared with breasts; in the eyes of most of society bigger is better, but to the owner they do little more than get in the way and cause discomfort.

All the um, big problems I've seen in this thread makes me feel fortunate as I've experienced almost none of them. "Micro-managing" in that context is very easy, lol.

Whilst we're on this slight sidetrack, urinal etiquette. It is normal to not use a stall adjacent to one in use so in a row of 5, 1,3,5 will be used, whilst 2,4 are not. 

I don’t any issues using a urinal, never had shy bladder, Iam totally comfortable with nudity

Archived