Research Request: Internalisation of Asexual Identity

Jarle

Hi all, 

We received the following from Sinead at University College Cork:

My name is Sinead Kelleher and I am a PhD student in the School of Applied Psychology, University College Cork, Ireland.

As part of my PhD studies I am conducting research on the asexual orientation. 

This research is being conducted under the supervision of Dr Mike Murphy, University College Cork.  

I am requesting research participants recruited through the AVEN website. 

This research has gained ethical approval from the School of Applied Psychology Ethics Committee, University College Cork.

Research title: 

An Investigation into the Internalisation of an Asexual Orientation. 

Research Aim:

Gain an insight into the internalisation of the asexual orientation through the method of interpretative phenomenological analysis (IPA).

This research will involve the following: 

5 - 6 semi-structured interviews (5-6 participants) conducted through Skype (approx. 60 minutes). 

Discussion of the experiences, attitudes and beliefs (internalisation) that asexual individuals hold towards their own orientation. 

This research does not involve the following: 

1. Collection of legal names/identifiable information 

2. Participants under the age of 18

3. In-person meeting with the researcher 

Contact: To be involved in this research, you can contact me directly at sinead.kelleher@ucc.ie

Through email, I will provide a Skype address and organise a time that suits you to conduct the interview.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Kind Regards, 

Sinead Kelleher

BA (Hons) Applied Psychology

Please contact Sinead via the above email if you'd like to participate. They'll provide you with an information sheet about the study and a consent form that will need to be signed before you can participate. 

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board. 

This seems interesting. I will be happy to participate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

The researcher has requested two more people to participate, if you're interested please get in touch!

I was lucky enough to take part in the research, Sinead was really lovely, she never asked any awkward questions, you're not pressured into answering anything you don't want to, I thought it went well.

Archived