Seeing "hot" people when you are aspec

13 hours ago, CBC said:

That sounds incredibly unhealthy. That's not the sort of mindset that goes with a healthy psychology. We're not supposed to want to be "dead" to everyone. 

Maybe not dead, but I sure don't want to be sexually attractive to anybody either.

• Like 2

I'm still ascertaining my asexuality and the types of attraction I feel, but I thought I'd chime in.  I can relate to the people who said they recognize someone is beautiful or handsome or "attractive" but that's as far as it gets.  In the 2 cases I can remember where the person was someone I saw every day and would occasionally talk to, I desired to be friends with them.  Dunno what that is called.

I've seen physically fit guys naked in the locker room shower but the only desire I felt is to work out more to be more physically fit myself...

• Like 1
InvisibleSquid
3 hours ago, t. Ro said:

In the 2 cases I can remember where the person was someone I saw every day and would occasionally talk to, I desired to be friends with them.  Dunno what that is called.

I think that would just be platonic attraction...? Like maybe you have what we refer to as a “squish” on these people?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ace of J said:

I think that would just be platonic attraction...? Like maybe you have what we refer to as a “squish” on these people?

Sounds about right.  In my intro, someone said I should look into squishes and also QPRs since I mentioned I had a non-sexual, non-romantic friend with whom I used to cuddle.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Call me a wild eyed maverick, but my first choice of word would be' friend'.  

7 hours ago, CBC said:

What on earth. Are we redefining friendship on AVEN now too?

I suppose for me it is significant because I previously mistook it for a different type of attraction.

• Like 1