Asexual people's attitudes about possibly having sex

everywhere and nowhere

Attitudes abut having sex  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How open or closed are you to the idea of potentially having sex?

• The idea doesn't bother me, I could do it and perhaps even enjoy it.
    • I'm not completely closed to the idea, but not enthusiastic about it.
    • I could only consent to sex in a very trusted environment, such as for a partner in a long-term relationship.
    • I honestly can't imagine any reason which could make me consent to sex.
  2. 2. I prefer identifying as...

• sex-favourable
    • sex-indifferent
    • sex-averse
    • se-repulsed
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

firewallflower

I'd be most likely to describe myself as sex-averse. As my feelings stand currently, I'm closed  to the idea of having sex, with anyone. However, I'm not closed to the idea of not being closed, if that makes any sense.

In other words, if I found myself in a trusting, loving, committed relationship with someone, it's possible that in that situation I might feel open to consent to having sex. I've never been in that situation, and it's hard to know how I would feel. As it is, sex is a definite no, but I'm okay with the possibility of it not always being a definite no.

So... somewhere between the third and fourth options, for your first poll question. I can imagine a situation which might make me consent to sex, but I don't know if it would.

DuranDuranfan

I fluctuate between indifference and favourable. It depends on my libido and mood. But it’s my husband who initiates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sex-repulsed as far as men are concerned. I can't possibly be the only bi/pan person whose repulsion depends on the biological sex of the other person? 

fooledbysecrecy

1. no thank you

2. sex-averse i guess?

i am sort of curious tho, considering how it seems to be such a driving force in people's interactions in real life and fiction, would be interesting to know HOW it feels, what makes people do the thing you see in movies etc when they passionately rip their clothes off and all that, i just don't get it. but yeah i'm curious about it the same way i'm curious about how it would feel to poke my eyeballs with sharp things; not nearly enough to actually try.

(also if i was to hypothetically have sex i wouldn't do it with a long term partner or someone i know well, i always thought it'd be weird and awkward to face that person afterwards. so a random hook up perhaps.)

DragonSpirit

I'm very sex-repulsed, but it fluctuates; some days are worse than others. Today's one of those not-as-good days.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess my personal feelings towards sex are kind of tricky. I'm definitely not repulsed by sex, and from time to time I get curious about it. However I do find anything penetration related to be painful and uncomfortable (likely because I'm not aroused) and I also have almost no libido...so the only reason I would have to have sex is to please a partner if I fall in love, and I'm on the aromantic spectrum so I don't see that happening. So I suppose technically I'm sex indifferent because the idea of having sex personally doesn't disgust or repulse me...but I also don't think a situation in which I'd willingly have sex is likely to occur.

Twisted Tempest

1. Nopenopenopenopenopenope

2. Very very repulsed. 

I would say I am sex-indifferent, I am a virgin so I guess I am curious about it, but I am perfectly fine if I never have it

(I wouldn't go actively looking for it, if it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't).

• 10 months later...

@Nowhere Girl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived