Our staff:

Editor in chief: @scarletlatitude

Layout: @kelico 

Editors: @Blue Ice-Tea @Snao Cone @kelico @addewyn

Creative team: @kelico  

Benevolent PT overlord: @Snao Cone

Interview: @nerdperson777

Writers/Artists: @sh1965 @ben8884 

(If you contributed and were not mentioned or properly tagged, please let us know!)

===================================

Our October / November / December 2019 issue is about split orientations. We are looking for people whose orientations or identities don’t “match”. Are you heterosexual and homoromantic? Or asexual and romantic? Or maybe agender but heteroromantic? We want to hear your stories!

Fill out our question of the month form here: https://forms.gle/nSBhK5UQk3J38bCJ7 

If you would like to send us a longer piece, email us at avenues.submissions@gmail.com.    

We are always looking for articles and artwork to add to AVENues!

We need more people! Are you an artist who wants to create art for our issues? Do you have an idea for a column? Would you like to be an editor? Contact any member of the AVENues team on AVEN for more info!

• Like 10

Awesome! ☺️

• Like 1
scarletlatitude

Added download link

• Like 1

*claps* *is proud of how the cover came out* :P This was a hard one to get responses for at first, but then we ended up getting a lot! So thank you to everyone that contributed!

• Like 5

I can't open the download link on Android. Got the error that the file format is invalid.

I am keen to read it offline.

I'm always impressed with the people who do these interviews.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2019 at 5:45 AM, Bloc said:

I can't open the download link on Android. Got the error that the file format is invalid.

I am keen to read it offline.

It appears that website is down. I will upload it on another. : )  https://tinyurl.com/yy8d83m2

5 hours ago, kelico said:

It appears that website is down. I will upload it on another. : )  https://tinyurl.com/yy8d83m2

Thanks. Great work this issue.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
scarletlatitude
3 hours ago, BeakLove said:

I will write a critique of the split attraction model if you like!!!!

Sure! You can send it to us through pm or to avenues.submissions@gmail.com :) 

• Like 1

So, I guess this might be a helpful place to link to your post in the Utrecht Meetup Forum, @scarletlatitude, in case those who've attended the meetup haven't seen it, yet (because it's gotten buried in the thread).

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
borderprincess

It's nice to see trans stories being shared, but I'm a little disappointed at how little focus there is on the intersectionality between trans-ness and ace-ness and how these identities inform and interact with each other.

I was hoping for a discussion about how gender dysphoria, hormones, constant boundary crossing from the general public (people fetishising trans bodies, cis people asking trans people about their genitals or their body, etc) or even unequal power dynamics / very different experiences between trans and cis people can contribute to asexuality.

Of course, you're limited by who replies, but trans stories are everywhere on the internet so it would have been cool to get more ace specific stuff.

• Like 3

borderprincess I agree the trans and ace link is terribly under discussed especially for men. For people like me who realized they were ace and then realized I was trans too because of the articles and posts from other trans people making so much sense and fitting with my own life events so closely.  I look forward to reading these articles.

• Like 1
scarletlatitude
On 9/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, borderprincess said:

It's nice to see trans stories being shared, but I'm a little disappointed at how little focus there is on the intersectionality between trans-ness and ace-ness and how these identities inform and interact with each other.

I was hoping for a discussion about how gender dysphoria, hormones, constant boundary crossing from the general public (people fetishising trans bodies, cis people asking trans people about their genitals or their body, etc) or even unequal power dynamics / very different experiences between trans and cis people can contribute to asexuality.

Of course, you're limited by who replies, but trans stories are everywhere on the internet so it would have been cool to get more ace specific stuff.

Good points. You are right that we are kind of limited based on who replies, but maybe in the future we can do a specific ace and gender issue. :) 

• Like 4