Jump to content
scarletlatitude

AVENues July/Aug/Sept - Trans* Special

Recommended Posts

scarletlatitude

 

To view: https://issuu.com/avenues1/docs/avenues2019summer

To download: https://tinyurl.com/yy8d83m2

 

Our staff:

Editor in chief: @scarletlatitude

Layout: @kelico 

Editors: @Blue Ice-Tea @Snao Cone @kelico @addewyn

Creative team: @kelico  

Benevolent PT overlord: @Snao Cone

 

Interview: @nerdperson777

Writers/Artists: @sh1965 @ben8884 

(If you contributed and were not mentioned or properly tagged, please let us know!)

 

===================================

 

Our October / November / December 2019 issue is about split orientations. We are looking for people whose orientations or identities don’t “match”. Are you heterosexual and homoromantic? Or asexual and romantic? Or maybe agender but heteroromantic? We want to hear your stories!

 

Fill out our question of the month form here: https://forms.gle/nSBhK5UQk3J38bCJ7 

 

If you would like to send us a longer piece, email us at avenues.submissions@gmail.com.    

 

We are always looking for articles and artwork to add to AVENues!

 

 

We need more people! Are you an artist who wants to create art for our issues? Do you have an idea for a column? Would you like to be an editor? Contact any member of the AVENues team on AVEN for more info!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

Awesome! ☺️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scarletlatitude

Added download link

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelico

*claps* *is proud of how the cover came out* :P This was a hard one to get responses for at first, but then we ended up getting a lot! So thank you to everyone that contributed!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloc

I can't open the download link on Android. Got the error that the file format is invalid.

 

I am keen to read it offline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iridium

I'm always impressed with the people who do these interviews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelico
On 7/13/2019 at 5:45 AM, Bloc said:

I can't open the download link on Android. Got the error that the file format is invalid.

 

I am keen to read it offline.

It appears that website is down. I will upload it on another. : )  https://tinyurl.com/yy8d83m2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloc
5 hours ago, kelico said:

It appears that website is down. I will upload it on another. : )  https://tinyurl.com/yy8d83m2

Thanks. Great work this issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeakLove

I will write a critique of the split attraction model if you like!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scarletlatitude
3 hours ago, BeakLove said:

I will write a critique of the split attraction model if you like!!!!

Sure! You can send it to us through pm or to avenues.submissions@gmail.com :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeChat

So, I guess this might be a helpful place to link to your post in the Utrecht Meetup Forum, @scarletlatitude, in case those who've attended the meetup haven't seen it, yet (because it's gotten buried in the thread).

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
borderprincess

It's nice to see trans stories being shared, but I'm a little disappointed at how little focus there is on the intersectionality between trans-ness and ace-ness and how these identities inform and interact with each other.

 

I was hoping for a discussion about how gender dysphoria, hormones, constant boundary crossing from the general public (people fetishising trans bodies, cis people asking trans people about their genitals or their body, etc) or even unequal power dynamics / very different experiences between trans and cis people can contribute to asexuality.

 

Of course, you're limited by who replies, but trans stories are everywhere on the internet so it would have been cool to get more ace specific stuff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grey goose

borderprincess I agree the trans and ace link is terribly under discussed especially for men. For people like me who realized they were ace and then realized I was trans too because of the articles and posts from other trans people making so much sense and fitting with my own life events so closely.  I look forward to reading these articles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scarletlatitude
On 9/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, borderprincess said:

It's nice to see trans stories being shared, but I'm a little disappointed at how little focus there is on the intersectionality between trans-ness and ace-ness and how these identities inform and interact with each other.

 

I was hoping for a discussion about how gender dysphoria, hormones, constant boundary crossing from the general public (people fetishising trans bodies, cis people asking trans people about their genitals or their body, etc) or even unequal power dynamics / very different experiences between trans and cis people can contribute to asexuality.

 

Of course, you're limited by who replies, but trans stories are everywhere on the internet so it would have been cool to get more ace specific stuff.

Good points. You are right that we are kind of limited based on who replies, but maybe in the future we can do a specific ace and gender issue. :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...