Traveler40

Sexless Vacation

Spookchi Boonut
4 minutes ago, thylacine said:

Anywhere, really.  You can just not have sex while you are there, that's all.

Why Disney?

I agree - Why Disney? I’ve had sex in Disney and my honeymoon is in a Disney location... there’s even weddings at Disney!

• Like 1

CBC

I've never even been to Disneyworld. Or Disney Land. I don't even know which is which, other than one is in California and one is in Florida. And I've been to neither of those places. I e barely been to the States besides New York, and a little bit of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

anisotrophic

Maybe if sexlessness is seen as immature?

Traveler40
1 hour ago, thylacine said:

Why Disney?

First of all, good Lord this thread took a few turns whilst I was out stomping around today. Hilarious crowd! Thanks for the entertainment.  Oh, and no horror films, no Auschwitz, just 😳 for either of those. Lastly, hopefully the couple that needs to find a vacation and “5 minutes in a room” get to that STAT; You know who you are!

So, my family is actually on vacation at the moment, and I declare first hand that it’s an excellent vacation destination for the sexless (mixed) marriage.  It’s mindless, exhausting, hot and wet in all the wrong ways, childish and dawn to dusk unsexy everything.

Anyhow, last night, as I was resting my weary 🐾, I was reflecting on just how perfect Disney was as a vacation destination for the sexless mixed marriage.  Sex is a non-event here.

However, Tele’s line, “That’s why you have the sex first”, gave me pause. Yeah, that.  What I wouldn’t give for THAT. 

• Like 3

anisotrophic
48 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

It’s mindless, exhausting, hot and wet in all the wrong ways, childish and dawn to dusk unsexy everything.

Haha! Personally I think any "vacation" involving children has epic airquotes.

(Which is why I want us to take a day *without* the kids, I love them, but... yeah.)

• Like 2

iff
18 hours ago, anisotrophic said:

. I think about ways to spend time together where I can talk while sharing enjoyment of something.

Visiting a museum and talking while going through it is nice. So is visiting/experiencing other cultural & historic things

I remember A work colleague of mine enjoys people watching on holidays, just go to a cafe and watch people as they go by and talk. It is important thing to spend time together.

In the novel the polyglot lovers by lina Wolff, the narrator of the second part Max goes with his wife to holiday home. A lot of the narration about his wife is dissatisfaction about how they don't have sex whatsoever (maybe she's asexual but I don't think we get to know her enough) but in one part, the suggests visiting an island or inviting friends over to which as she had a lot of gardening to do and books to read on holiday, she wants to "live parralel lives", "she'd be grateful" which really isn't idea of going on holiday together.

From the narrative, you really get the sense of frustration in that his wife doesn't want to spend time on holiday with him.

• Like 1

CBC
11 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

First of all, good Lord this thread took a few turns whilst I was out stomping around today. Hilarious crowd! Thanks for the entertainment.

Happens round these parts, yep. Always happy to provide some entertainment, haha.

And I'm glad your destination was at least a good choice under the circumstances, if still not your ideal.