New Moderator Needed: Announcements and Off-A: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Announcements and Off-A Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 4 July June to Thursday, 11 July: Nominations.

Thursday, 11 July to Sunday, 14 July: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 14 July to Sunday, 21 July: Voting.

Best wishes to anyone who decides to run!

I have been wanting to volunteer and spend more time in this awesome community somehow...

On average, how much time are you expected to "clock in" every day and/or week?

@Road Unfortunately it doesn't look like you've been a member for 6 months yet.

AspieAlly613
15 minutes ago, Road said:

On average, how much time are you expected to "clock in" every day and/or week?

Personally, I spend less than an hour a day on mod stuff.  (Hopefully that's been enough for the rest of the team.)

3 hours ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Personally, I spend less than an hour a day on mod stuff.  (Hopefully that's been enough for the rest of the team.)

It definitely depends on the forums you're covering. When I was a mod, I definitely spent more than an hour, but that's because I was determined to comment in every new post in WL to welcome people. :P @Road

Skycaptain

Time spent on modly stuff. Off-A and Announcements reading new posts, even twice a day (not necessary, but if you can it's no bad thing) will take five minutes. General moderator stuff usually takes between five and fifteen minutes. 

Making reports can be a little time-consuming, but we have "how to" guides, and the rest of the team can help, 

9 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Time spent on modly stuff. Off-A and Announcements reading new posts, even twice a day (not necessary, but if you can it's no bad thing) will take five minutes. General moderator stuff usually takes between five and fifteen minutes. 

Making reports can be a little time-consuming, but we have "how to" guides, and the rest of the team can help, 

i’m unable to run since i haven’t been a member for six months, but i was wondering what reports consist of. are they just summaries of what you did that day?

5 minutes ago, catra said:

i’m unable to run since i haven’t been a member for six months, but i was wondering what reports consist of. are they just summaries of what you did that day?

When a post in a forum gets reported, the mod of the forum has to post the contents of the report in a thread so admods can decide what action should be taken, and write a warning/nudge if necessary.

11 minutes ago, TheAP said:

When a post in a forum gets reported, the mod of the forum has to post the contents of the report in a thread so admods can decide what action should be taken, and write a warning/nudge if necessary.

ohhhh, okay. thanks for explaining. sorry that i didn’t know

Just now, catra said:

ohhhh, okay. thanks for explaining. sorry that i didn’t know

Don't worry about it. People are happy to answer any questions you have.

verymelancholic

I'd like to run but I'm still not sure. I'd like to be more active as well but I'm a bit busy. I'd love to set aside some time though. I think I'm eligible, no?

9 hours ago, verymelancholic said:

I'd like to run but I'm still not sure. I'd like to be more active as well but I'm a bit busy. I'd love to set aside some time though. I think I'm eligible, no?

Yes you do meet the eligibility.

On time, announcements isn't very time consuming as only staff can start threads  there now so off-a would be the bulk of time. Off-a is a nice forum to start off with modding

scarletlatitude

Off-a is a pretty quiet forum. There are a moderate amount of posts (not as many as something like JFF) and usually not so many reports. 

Also remember that you have the training team to help you, so you won't be thrown into mod-ship with no help. :)

*encourages people to run* These are great forums to mod if it's your first time modding, too.

I s'pose I could have a crack. *skulls rum can and throws into ring*

Archived