Anonymous Axolotl

If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it? Why or why not?

If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Does not apply

Nai

I’m trans so that would remove a lot of my dysphoria.

fuzzipueo

Seeing as I was never consulted on the subject, I really resented them when they started developing. I'd be delighted to get rid of the things in an instant.

E Wildflower
On 7/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, Iridium said:

Sometimes I wonder if they're just one of those unnecessary decorative features, like a peacock's tail.  There are plenty of mammals that have hardly any visible breast "lumps".

I think about this a lot. I would love to be able to nurse a child someday without having the visible lumps of fat on my chest which just get in the way and make it obvious that I'm AFAB.

I'm pretty sure I want to have my breast tissue removed at some point in the future, even considering the real world cost and risk. My primary reason is dysphoria, and my secondary reasons echo a lot of the things others have said: wanting to lie on my stomach more comfortably, hormone-related discomfort, not wanting to be looked at in a sexual way, aesthetic preference, and probably other reasons but I can't think of them now.

Edited by E Wildflower
removed an unnecessary comma
  • Like 2

Leilamy

I've been considering getting a binder because... why not ? I feel like I could like having that opportunity some day. Presenting as somewhat androgynous fit me.

So maybe ? I don't really care about my boobs I think. It wouldn't be because they're uncomfortable : honestly I don't have much of a chest so I can't say they're troublesome.

Just why not I guess. Still that's a pretty big step so I'll just keep on considering finding a binder, and you know. Trying it out.

BreeMoo

Keep tossing the idea of getting a binder actually, especially since I wear sports bras to "flatten" them anyways. But I really shouldn't restrict my breathing anymore than as is so just getting rid of them sounds wonderful! 

dragonfire42

I'm fairly small-chested, but I would still do it just to make sure my breasts would never garner me any unwanted attention, and since I'm never going to have any babies, there's no need for me to have them. Plus not needing to wear bras would mean one less clothing item to worry about.