If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it? Why or why not?

Anonymous Axolotl

If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the opportunity to have breast removal surgery at no cost and no risk, would you do it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Does not apply

This poll is closed to new votes

Seeing as I was never consulted on the subject, I really resented them when they started developing. I'd be delighted to get rid of the things in an instant.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, Iridium said:

Sometimes I wonder if they're just one of those unnecessary decorative features, like a peacock's tail.  There are plenty of mammals that have hardly any visible breast "lumps".

I think about this a lot. I would love to be able to nurse a child someday without having the visible lumps of fat on my chest which just get in the way and make it obvious that I'm AFAB.

I'm pretty sure I want to have my breast tissue removed at some point in the future, even considering the real world cost and risk. My primary reason is dysphoria, and my secondary reasons echo a lot of the things others have said: wanting to lie on my stomach more comfortably, hormone-related discomfort, not wanting to be looked at in a sexual way, aesthetic preference, and probably other reasons but I can't think of them now.

I've been considering getting a binder because... why not ? I feel like I could like having that opportunity some day. Presenting as somewhat androgynous fit me.

So maybe ? I don't really care about my boobs I think. It wouldn't be because they're uncomfortable : honestly I don't have much of a chest so I can't say they're troublesome.

Just why not I guess. Still that's a pretty big step so I'll just keep on considering finding a binder, and you know. Trying it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep tossing the idea of getting a binder actually, especially since I wear sports bras to "flatten" them anyways. But I really shouldn't restrict my breathing anymore than as is so just getting rid of them sounds wonderful! 

• 4 weeks later...
dragonfire42

I'm fairly small-chested, but I would still do it just to make sure my breasts would never garner me any unwanted attention, and since I'm never going to have any babies, there's no need for me to have them. Plus not needing to wear bras would mean one less clothing item to worry about.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel happy with my body as it is. I see my breasts as a positive symbol for my existence as a female, and I may want to breastfeed someday. 

• 2 months later...

I absolutely would do it.

Mine are pretty big and I've never felt comfortable wearing any kind of 'revealing' clothing (going dress shopping with me is a literal nightmare, anything that shows a few cm past my collarbones and I will refuse to leave the changing room). I rarely go bra shopping and just use an assortment of sports bras and minimising bras in daily life.

I wear a gc2b binder intermittently and I love cotton t-shirts with a print, which are almost always stretched by my breasts. Some women love that, I'm always too self-conscious to wear them.

They're just annoying in daily life and I have no real use for them, plus they get sweaty and stuffy sometimes, and that's just gross... 

• 2 months later...

I would remove them especially for free and no risk.

Heck I would want them removed if free and moderate risk

Actually I would want them removed for up to moderate price and moderate risk.

If I had more money I would probably be looking into it right now but unfortunately it is so expensive and I doubt my insurance would cover it.

I have breast dysphoria so

(I'm a genderqueer demigirl who prefers to be androgynous as much as possible.)

I have already had it (for free and just... general surgery risk? :)), so I am not sure what to answer. Would do it again for sure. After wearing a binder for three years (while still not being able to flatten that thing sufficiently) it is just great. 

• 4 weeks later...

not sure. Right now leaning yes, but it's hot and boob sweat is never fun

• 2 weeks later...

never ever. But I am also lucky not to have a big chest. If mine got any larger they'd surely annoy me.

I like my breasts, they're small anyway so they don't get in the way. However they do have some issues that I wouldn't mind corrected by surgery. I'm scared to though. 😵

• 2 weeks later...
Cosmic Latte

nah, I've always been a B-cup, so if I need to have them out of of the way all I need do is wear a sports bra 😅

the only gripe I have is that I rarely fit into formal dresses or tops :( 

@Anonymous Axolotl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived