Just found out about this

waylos

My boyfriend/fiance of six years has been telling me this whole time that I was ace. I didn't even know it was a thing until I looked it up recently, and learned that it completely fits me to a T and fits how I've been my entire life! I was previously married for 15 years and that relationship was extremely lacking in any sex, except what resulted in our two kids and the occasional drunk nights. I've always thought there was something wrong with my partners for wanting sex so much and talking about it all the time, since I have absolutely no desire and am perfectly happy with my life without it, and always have been. Last year, I even went to my doctor because I wanted to be put on some drugs to help me get a sexual desire, they did hormone tests on me, and found nothing wrong with my hormones, and I'm perfectly normal in the health wise aspect.

Anyway, I just joined, and was wondering if there were any groups or meetups that get together besides the conferences as I would like to meet others like me. From what I've seen so far, I've only seen one other person from South Dakota, so I was wondering if there were any more in the North Dakota or South Dakota area? Is everyone on the Facebook group? I just joined the one for over 40's today. I'm glad I've found this site, and realized finally that I do have a place with others like me.

20 minutes ago, waylos said:

I've always thought there was something wrong with my partners for wanting sex so much and talking about it all the time, since I have absolutely no desire and am perfectly happy with my life without it, and always have been. 

I’ve never had sex but always thought people with what I though was a high sex drive and talking about it was the exception. It was quite a shock to learn what I thought was heterosexual attraction was really heteroromantic and that I was actually lacking an attraction that these other people had. I only started to figure things out when a friend whose wife cheated on him (now after six years divorcing) was going through a sexless period and was a total basket case. I was utterly shocked at the impact sex, or lack there of, could have on a person and it ultimately lead me to searching Google for answers and finding AVEN (and myself). 

Scottthespy

Welcome to aven, have some customary greeting cake!  🍰

I'm not one for meetups, so I can't help you there, but I hope you enjoy your time here!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, waylos said:

My boyfriend/fiance of six years has been telling me this whole time that I was ace. I didn't even know it was a thing until I looked it up recently, and learned that it completely fits me to a T and fits how I've been my entire life! I was previously married for 15 years and that relationship was extremely lacking in any sex, except what resulted in our two kids and the occasional drunk nights. I've always thought there was something wrong with my partners for wanting sex so much and talking about it all the time, since I have absolutely no desire and am perfectly happy with my life without it, and always have been. Last year, I even went to my doctor because I wanted to be put on some drugs to help me get a sexual desire, they did hormone tests on me, and found nothing wrong with my hormones, and I'm perfectly normal in the health wise aspect.

Anyway, I just joined, and was wondering if there were any groups or meetups that get together besides the conferences as I would like to meet others like me. From what I've seen so far, I've only seen one other person from South Dakota, so I was wondering if there were any more in the North Dakota or South Dakota area? Is everyone on the Facebook group? I just joined the one for over 40's today. I'm glad I've found this site, and realized finally that I do have a place with others like me.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: :)

Has you identifying as asexual affected your relationship with your friend/fiance? I'm guessing if he has been telling you this (hopefully in a positive way) that he wants to be with you for reasons other than sex. The site is a wonderful resource and comforting area for those with questions about their 'sexuality' and those that have embraced their asexuality.

Hai

I just joined AVEN.i am still confused...😣(mostly because of my illiteracy about asexuality)

But I feel that i am totally related to most of the posts here...

Archived