Missed opportunity for comedy

AspieAlly613

AspieAlly613

With the frequent political satire revolving around the notions that the United States doesn't have a good handle on climate change and being too militarily aggressive, how has no one come up with the following comedy sketch idea:

An environmental activist tries to convince President Trump that temperatures are rising, but he ignores him and talks about "clean, beautiful coal."

Next, the defense secretary informs him of some verbal threat from Iran, and President Trump suggests "Nuking them with everything we've got." 

The defense secretary talks about the excessive loss of life, then the environmental activist warns about a nuclear winter form the dust blocking the sun's rays.

President Trump then gets an idea:  Blow up just enough stuff to block out enough rays to lower the temperature by a few degrees, to counter climate change.

Included in the sketch would be President Trump trying to rebrand it as a "Nuclear Autumn" as it won't be as bad as a winter, and tries to encourage people to grab some pumpkin spice lattes for it.  At some point, the environmental activist would ask "Do you solve all your problems by blowing things up?" To which President Trump would respond "It's worked well enough so far."

NOTE: I'm not personally advocating this as a strategy to revert climate change.  I think the problems with periodic detonation of nuclear weapons would cause its own set of problems.  I think it would make a good satirical comedy sketch, though.

I thought John Oliver and Saturday Night Live have been making comedic sketches about these topics.

Here's an example video, from John Oliver's show, with a sketch about climate change and Trump.

Spoiler

AspieAlly613
26 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I thought John Oliver and Saturday Night Live have been making comedic sketches about these topics.

Here's an example video, from John Oliver's show, with a sketch about climate change and Trump.

Hide contents

I think you missed the whole point of my post.  The point was using these two issues together.

I think it's about time this idiot kicked the bucket. I'm all for gunning down this fucker

(I came back and realized this was satire and not actually something Trump said...)

Hylethilei

Nuclear Autumn LOL that is solid gold right there! This had me laughing so hard XD

Member131995
On 7/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, KrystalLost said:

(I came back and realized this was satire and not actually something Trump said...)

But still...not advocating violence or nothing but I'd help you with this.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, AspieAlly613 said:

I think the problems with periodic detonation of nuclear weapons would cause its own set of problems.  I think it would make a good satirical comedy sketch, though.

That on its own is a brilliant comedy idea. 

Archived