After-School Project

Sath

Hey everyone!

I'm currently in the process of organizing an after-school offer for LGBTQ+ kids at my old school (Grades 5-12).

The plan so far is to compile some hotlines and websites (that are available in germany) and to offer a safe space to just share experiences or questions.

The most important thing I want to accomplish with this is to let the kids know that there are a lot of other students who are also not straight or cis and that even if there isn't a lot of visability they aren't alone.

I've never done anything like this before, so I was wondering, if anyone had any suggestions of experiences with similar programms?

I was also going to offer having other queer people and people from the social/ education sector come to answer questions.

I appreciate any input!

I'm thinking about doing something similar at my school (also in Germany)! Currently the biggest issue is getting my school's permission to create a club in the first place. At the moment there are only very few clubs that take place after school and the ones that do exist cannot be led by students. Hopefully this rule will change in the future (there are plans for it to change so it's not unlikely, but it's possible that I won't be at school anymore when it's changed).

I really like your ideas so far and wish you the best of luck! 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:53 PM, Suigin said:

I'm thinking about doing something similar at my school (also in Germany)! Currently the biggest issue is getting my school's permission to create a club in the first place. At the moment there are only very few clubs that take place after school and the ones that do exist cannot be led by students. Hopefully this rule will change in the future (there are plans for it to change so it's not unlikely, but it's possible that I won't be at school anymore when it's changed).

I really like your ideas so far and wish you the best of luck!

Thanks! I'm also having problems getting the permission, since the person in charge of this stuff isn't answering my e-mail and now it's summer vacation... so she definitely won't answer now.

I really hope your school adjusts their rules or you find a solution. Dir auch viel Erfolg!

Archived