Feedback from the UK Asexuality conference, Edinburgh 23 June 2019

michaeld

Hi all! I hope you enjoyed the conference on Sunday in Edinburgh, if you could make it. This thread is for leaving feedback, pictures and any other comments or outcomes from the conference!

In the closing session we collected a document of contact details for attendees working on projects they'd like to shout out. Here it is!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1frAoCciCYWF66UdQAHx-j3MQKPxgPeTWeGeGopQ0pRE

Slides for presentations from throughout the day will be added here over the next few days:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d7d5m0weisjr4x5/AABq3aIilammwtEKeUnxp_0Za

These will be added to the conference website in due course:

https://sites.google.com/view/uk-asexuality-conference-2019/

We are grateful to have received a significant number of donations and monthly pledges, which will all be used to help set up our next conference. We are particularly grateful to those who expressed interest in monthly donations as this will help us make the event sustainable.

For anyone who was not able to donate on the day and wishes to support AVEN’s UK asexuality conferences, you may get back to us by responding to aven.pt@gmail.com expressing interest in donating monthly or make a one-off donation by visiting

https://www.gofundme.com/f/AceConfUK

Any donation you can afford makes a big difference to us!

For those interested in joining the Scotland meetup groups on Facebook - please email aven.pt@gmail.com and we can let you in :)

Finally to get involved in further visibility and education work, please consider joining the AVEN Media and Speaker team,
https://forms.gle/SQzwEqqbSmNszpjj7

Tagging @Slice of Ace.

:) Will you be putting a link to your future YouTube video about your experiences at the conference, here, as well as in your thread? I was thinking that, perhaps, this one might help you reach a few, new subscribers/aces, etc., who might not know about your ace channel, yet.

Invent a teleportation device for the next one...that way I can attend in person! :lol: Not just coordinate from here, haha. I heard amazing things about it, though, so I'd say it was a success. : )

Lots of hard work went into pulling this together, and all your efforts showed, so thank you to everyone involved with the conference including the organisers and everyone who took part in the sessions. There were some good discussions, and there was a lovely atmosphere. 

Slice of Ace
13 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Tagging @Slice of Ace.

:) Will you be putting a link to your future YouTube video about your experiences at the conference, here, as well as in your thread? I was thinking that, perhaps, this one might help you reach a few, new subscribers/aces, etc., who might not know about your ace channel, yet.

Maybe, yeah. But only because it's relevant; I don't want to hijack the thread 😅

Thanks all for the feedback! And thanks @kelico for your social media promotion of the conference with Opti and for co-ordinating the rescue of lost items afterwards! , @Slice of Ace for filming and staffing the desk and @Tystie for moderating and staffing the desk and for donating the lovely ace-coloured bracelets (is that the right word?). And that's only people who've written in to this thread thus far - there were many others involved in making it happen.

I've edited the OP to include some new materials such as the document from the closing session and a dropbox of materials. The slides from the opening session part 1 - see dropbox folder - also contains a longer list of people we'd like to thank for making it all happen! Do let me know if I accidentally missed anyone and I'll get them added!

Horse Ham Radio

Also, for those interested in joining the meetup groups on Facebook - we have been adding people we exchanged details with at the conference.

If you didn't get a chance to pass on your details and would like to join - please email ukacecon2019@gmail.com and we can let you in :)

Slice of Ace

My impressions of the conference: 

Spoiler

TL;DW version: I really enjoyed it! I met loads of great aces from all around the spectrum and community, and, though terrifying, pannelling was a load of fun too! 

I had an incredible time presenting my research.  Everyone made me feel so welcome, which is a big deal considering how far I came.  You were wonderful.  I gained some interesting insight and made some very useful contacts.  Thank you for having me.

• 2 months later...

Little late to this, as I completely meant to reply right after the event! 

I had an absolutely amazing time and learnt so much about my orientation. Everyone was so welcoming and I got to make plenty of new contacts, as well as become inspired to throw myself into being more active in the community.

Archived