Prayer of the day

Hi everyone,😊

I read some verses of the Holy Quran today, including this one « And among His signs is that He created for you wives amongst yourselves that you may dwell in tranquillity with them ; and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts).Surely in this are signs for people who reflect. » Qu'ran 30:21

So, I have prayed in my dua (« invocation » a prayer of supplication) for all the asexuals who are looking for their asexual soul mate, I prayed that God makes this easy on them and may He reunite them. Amin !

I know that Jews have a common practice to read the psalms, for example, for the healing of a dear one, some of them even read what is called Tikkun Haklali « general remedy ».

I also know that Buddhists meditate for example to increase compassion and peace for humanity.

Anyway, prayers are also simply the words, lyrics, wishes of the hearts.❤️

I just want to share all this good vibes with you because reading the Aven forum makes me feel happy.

Did you pray today, if so , what was it about ?🤲

I once read that zen Buddhists have their students perform senseless rituals every day like faithfully watering a dead plant. Same plant. Same time. Every day for the rest of their lives. I grew up Catholic meaning I attended many rituals. Always the same. Same, same, same. Then both thoughts came together. The Zen masters were teaching their students what a ritual was. They then went on to teach that one try and continue the ritual as long as you could. Let it expand and envelop you. Your whole life then becomes a ritual. Living my own ritual has given me a lot of peace and serenity. I have to admit I don't pray though. I'm agnostic so it would make no sense. If God exists I don't think He is a magic genie granting wishes. At least He shouldn't be treated that way. It seems disrespectful.  

No rituals for me. As far as I'm concerned they're pointless and largely responsible for souring people on my faith. Same sort of thing goes for the fanatics.

Hi, and welcome! :cake: I've noticed that you're a new member.

If you're looking for others of the same faith or any religious threads, where others gather to discuss their faith, they're located in the Intersectionality Forum. (The search bar near the top of the page is helpful in finding the threads; just type in religions like "Muslim," "Hindu," "Christian," etc., and they'll appear.)

20 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Hi, and welcome! :cake: I've noticed that you're a new member.

If you're looking for others of the same faith or any religious threads, where others gather to discuss their faith, they're located in the Intersectionality Forum. (The search bar near the top of the page is helpful in finding the threads; just type in religions like "Muslim," "Hindu," "Christian," etc., and they'll appear.)

Thank you very much for your welcoming and indication🌷. Yes, I am a bit new but I have been on the Aven forum for a few months. Actually, I have somewhat hesitated before posting this current topic: is it in the right place though?

Thanks, @silkpaint, for this heart-warming post 💜 I'm an agnostic and I don't pray - unless you count some of my meditations as "prayers", but they're not directed towards a deity. I'm quite interested in mysticism and rituals and prayers from different religions, though.

chewbacca980

i pray in the name of 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous for a day free from all mind altering chemicals. whoever she is, that might happen to be listening. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, Yeast said:

If God exists I don't think He is a magic genie granting wishes. At least He shouldn't be treated that way. It seems disrespectful.  

I think I understand what you mean. 

God is Ar-Rahman Ar -Rahim : the Most Gracious the most Merciful. And when we address and ask Him we actually show Him respect. Somehow, we show Him that we believe in Him and that we hope in His mercy.

• 4 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 4:25 PM, silkpaint said:

I think I understand what you mean. 

God is Ar-Rahman Ar -Rahim : the Most Gracious the most Merciful. And when we address and ask Him we actually show Him respect. Somehow, we show Him that we believe in Him and that we hope in His mercy.

God is the most Merciful and Gracious. It is a bliss to ask him and cling to his greatness in our weakest moments. I am a Muslim too; I ask Allah to replace all that mortal coil with heaven in the afterlife, wisdom and learning in this life. I would accept a change in my orientation Heaven, but on this earth. Yet, meeting an intellectual being with my interests would be wonderful.

Here's a prayer from Julian of Norwich:

God, of Thy goodness, give me Thyself,

For Thou art enough to me,

And I can ask nothing that is less

That can be full honor to Thee;

For if I ask anything that is less, ever shall I be in want,

For only in Thee have I all.

Amen.

Archived