Hello!

LittleTaliMagpie

LittleTaliMagpie

Hi all, I'm Tali (or Magpie, either's fine) 👋

I learned of this site recently and wanted to check it out so here I am! I've identified as ace for a few years now and am excited to talk openly about it here 😊

I like learning languages and aspire to be a translator, I also enjoy painting my nails and gaming casually. I adore cats and currently have one (had two but the other passed away recently).

I hope we all get along 💖

Welcome Tali! Glad you are here, so have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰 I love learning languages, too. Which ones do you speak? 

Welcome to Aven Tali :) if you're open to languages, maybe you could check out the alt languages forum. I look forward to seeing you around here, any questions just ask. You're welcome to PM me :)

LittleTaliMagpie
25 minutes ago, Stupsi said:

Welcome Tali! Glad you are here, so have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰 I love learning languages, too. Which ones do you speak? 

Thank you! I speak French and some Japanese. I wanna relearn Spanish too and expand into other languages, such as Irish, Romanian, Thai etc. :D

LittleTaliMagpie
23 minutes ago, Aris said:

Welcome to Aven Tali :) if you're open to languages, maybe you could check out the alt languages forum. I look forward to seeing you around here, any questions just ask. You're welcome to PM me :)

Thanks! :D
I'd love to check them out, thanks for letting me know about them 💖

1 minute ago, LittleTaliMagpie said:

Thank you! I speak French and some Japanese. I wanna relearn Spanish too and expand into other languages, such as Irish, Romanian, Thai etc. :D

Très bien! J'aime bien le français aussi. Y si quieres practicar español, estoy aquí! :) I don't know anything about the other languages, but it is really cool that you are interested in the more "exotic" ones too. 

LittleTaliMagpie
Just now, Stupsi said:

Très bien! J'aime bien le français aussi. Y si quieres practicar español, estoy aquí! :) I don't know anything about the other languages, but it is really cool that you are interested in the more "exotic" ones too. 

It's been a while since I practised my French so I'm having a bit of a mental block trying to build a sentence 😰 I could understand what you said though :D

My Spanish is very rudimentary still, since it's been about 10 years since I practised properly 😓

There are so many interesting languages and cultures out there, there're so many that I wanna learn! I think I should stick to romance languages and bettering my Japanese for now, though. Don't need to overwork myself 😅

Exactly! I feel like Romance languages are easier if you already know some of them. I have always wanted to learn Arabic (and I still do), but I figured I want to start learning Italian for now, because it is easier to learn by myself 🙈

LittleTaliMagpie
1 minute ago, Stupsi said:

Exactly! I feel like Romance languages are easier if you already know some of them. I have always wanted to learn Arabic (and I still do), but I figured I want to start learning Italian for now, because it is easier to learn by myself 🙈

That's exactly it!

Ooh, Italian was another one I wanted to learn! I did take a year of beginner's Italian in my first year of university, I had quite a bit of trouble with the way two adjacent vowels are meant to sorta blend into each other. 😓

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! 🍰

Hello Tali and welcome! 🍰

It's so nice you speak many languages. How do you manage to switch among them? I speak four languages and sometimes it's really hard not to mix them all the time.

LittleTaliMagpie
Just now, Soledad said:

Hello Tali and welcome! 🍰

It's so nice you speak many languages. How do you manage to switch among them? I speak four languages and sometimes it's really hard not to mix them all the time.

Thank you 😊

Unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to use my languages so they've been getting a little rusty. I use an app to practise each one and try to have conversations with myself in one of them at a time to keep them more fresh in my mind.

I've definitely had times where I couldn't remember an English word and ended up remembering the Japanese word or the French word etc. I think a lot of multilingual people have that problem, sometimes. 😅

1 hour ago, LittleTaliMagpie said:

I had quite a bit of trouble with the way two adjacent vowels are meant to sorta blend into each other. 😓

I don't know much Italian yet, but the pronunciation seemed easy to me because it is similar to Spanish. There is some rules to learn, and I just anticipate as soon as I am familiar with them it should not be a problem. You probably know more Italian than me, but "mangiare" is an example I can think of, where the vowels don't blend into each other, but you just don't pronounce the i. 

LittleTaliMagpie
1 minute ago, Stupsi said:

I don't know much Italian yet, but the pronunciation seemed easy to me because it is similar to Spanish.

Maybe I have so much trouble because of how out-of-touch I am with Spanish. 🤔

hello fellow ace from the UK good luck learning your different languages its very cool and i'd love to at least be able to know basic Spanish for my gcse 😂

anyways welcome and here's a cat cake:

xcat-cake-21320835.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FlZW

LittleTaliMagpie

6 minutes ago, Aceon said:

hello fellow ace from the UK good luck learning your different languages its very cool and i'd love to at least be able to know basic Spanish for my gcse 😂

anyways welcome and here's a cat cake:

xcat-cake-21320835.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FlZW

Thank you, fellow UK friend 😊

Good luck with your GCSEs! Do you use any apps to help? I use Duolingo for my French and Japanese (etc.), just to keep me brushed up.

Ahhh, what a cute cake! I wouldn't want to eat it, it's so lovely 💖

Welcome LittleTaliMagpie :) Sorry to hear about your cat. It is really cool that you want to be a translator. I find it a very valuable but unfortunately an unappreciated field   (a few of the books I read are translated into English so I have a lot of respect for the field)

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

I'd also recommend poking around each forum to see what each one is about if you haven't already -- it'll get you used to the site and who the regulars are :)

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Welcome to Aven, I hope you like it here

Welcome! Magpie? What a cute profile picture...wait... that’s not a magpie, that’s cats :0 

csc_8469.jpg

NickyTannock

A belated welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Cat Cake,

bxnatvzfxxlqv0gfx7yf.jpg

On 6/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, LittleTaliMagpie said:

I speak a little bit japanese too !

And ... I am french ! 😀

LittleTaliMagpie

Ahhh, another super-cute cat cake! 😍

Thanks~ 💖

2 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

A belated welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Cat Cake,

bxnatvzfxxlqv0gfx7yf.jpg

LittleTaliMagpie
1 minute ago, Paris— said:

I speak a little bit japanese too !

And ... I am french ! 😀

Bonsoir, ami/e 😊 (est-ce qu'il y a un mot pas genré? Désolée si c'est pas le mot exact) 

Hello and Welcome.

Have some :cake:

Hope you enjoy AVEN. Who doesn't adore cats? (apart from dogs)

Archived