My Boyfriend

Harrsh22

I’m sure this has been addressed but I’m super new here. I’m starting to learn how to identify myself as gray/asexual. I’ve felt this way since before I met him and have told him before making anything official how I feel towards physicality. He was fine then. But it’s been a bit contentious recently, even going so far to accuse me of wanting to being With others (even though there’s no grounds for the accusations). Im afraid that telling him things I’m finally confirming will change things for the negative. I sent him a link with a “hmmm this is interesting way to look at things” and no response. My question is seemingly simple. How do I confront this, as most everyone that’s lgbtqia+ has, except it’s like a second coming out?

darkpoetess

The primary goal of the lgbt+ community is acceptance and gay and lesbian people have really taken the lead on this for decades. I look at their example and while many will try to work with unaccepting family members, most do not tolerate the intolerant or toxic relationships. I had a boyfriend who hands down refused to acknowledge my orientation and suggested I was making it up to get out of a sexual relationship with him. Only you can determine what will be the best path for you, but sometimes we have to have those lived experiences to learn what will or will not tolerate in the future. I could not spend any amount of my future with anyone else who did not accept all of me and vice versa. 

Archived