Yang Gang Thread

Joe the Stoic

I'm Canadian, but I would support him if I could. Would be by far the best president. I discussed him in the following thread:

He wear's a MATH hat. Do we need more reason?

Why yang over sanders?

What are the policies of yang that you strongly support?

Basic income? :) 

I don't think Yang would be a bad choice, but I doubt he has much of a chance. Maybe he will be in the next administration in some other capacity?

Joe the Stoic
On 6/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, iff said:

Why yang over sanders?

Yang has a more coherent vision for the future of the American economy.  His take on technology is very valuable, and Bernie seems out of touch on this issue.  Technology will either carry us into a Golden Age or be the Grim Reaper, and that depends on how we shape policy to deal with it.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, iff said:

Why yang over sanders?

Sanders has a very dark history...

FindingTheta

Though I wouldn't look to Reason to provide an accurate description of Bernie Sanders. It's extremely difficult to condense decades of Bernie by inserting video snippets with little context. I'd check out his political performance during his time in government if I wanted a more accurate picture.

https://www.congress.gov/member/bernard-sanders/S000033?page=1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not very involved in politics, for the most part.  I just do the basic amount of research before each election required to vote as an informed citizen.  For me, following it as intensely as some people do is just stressful.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older thread now but Yang is now among the top 5 candidates for the Democratic primary and is quickly becoming a serious contender, about to pass Buttigieg and Warren on many metrics. I cautiously supported him earlier in 2019 but now earnestly want him to win and may even donate to his campaign (something I never would have considered doing a year ago).

AspieAlly613
15 hours ago, Yarenios20 said:

about to pass Buttigieg and Warren on many metrics.

Which metrics are those?  

Knight of Cydonia

Yang has had an impressive run, but has no chance at the nomination.

It'll be between Sanders and Biden.

Archived