If you could reproduce asexually...

darkpoetess

Green and Purple Dragon

I wouldn’t, not because I hate the idea of pregnancy, but because I can’t handle taking care of children.  I’ve seen how much children hold you back from doing other things (I’m not criticizing anyone with children, I’m just saying it’s a huge commitment) and I just don’t have an urge to commit to raising a human being.  I feel like pets (while still being a huge responsibility, and you must research before committing) are more up my alley as I can love my own baby while still having freedom for other things.  Plus, pregnancy is a pain (quite literally). However, if I did want a child and I was willing to stand even pregnancy, I guess I wouldn’t be too opposed to asexual reproduction.  

darkpoetess
10 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Yeah but I mean like, most people that have no interest in reproducing (and also have no interest in sex) will just... not use their reproductive organs in that way.

There's a difference between just not using something that's there, and actively wanting it gone.  A lot of people don't like to listen, but it doesn't mean they want their ears cut off.

Sounds like a typical sort of nonbinary experience, to me anyway.  NBs care to weigh in?

As you said though, you don't feel this way (neither do I).  Disliking one's genitals to the point they'd rather have completely different (or nonexistent) ones is simply something more commonly associated with being trans, rather than asexuality.

All I know is what I have encountered a number of aces say in these forums. I'd rather not try to define it myself because I don't want to cross into the realm of speaking for others. These are my observations, nothing more. 

Hell no, I hate children and I wouldn't want any no matter the method. 

If I could handle kids, I would had. But even if it's done by asexual reproduction, I wouldn't want kids. In my eyes, they are demon spawn. 

.diva plavalaguna.

I was going to give an emphatic hell yes if, after reproducing, I was left with a fully-grown me. I guess that's just a clone, though. So, clones = yes. Asexually reproduced spawn that still need to be developed = hell to the nizzaw.

• 1 month later...
Duke Memphis

I'd probably keep splitting myself until there are enough versions of Mr to start a small mob. My copies would all be wiseguys, and I'd be the don... who is also a wiseguy.

andreas1033

Asexuals exist for a reason, and nature decided people at the extreme, like me, should not reproduce. I am glad about that.

The world has enough babies, and i am glad, that nature creates all combinations, so that asexuals exist, and therefore, for me, anyway, never reproduce.

Its like asking an asexual, if there was medication, for you as an asexual, to make you stimulated into having sex, would you want to take it.

I would say no.

For me, i was born asexual, and thats the way nature intended it to be.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:17 PM, LonesomeCrow said:

I don't want kids at all.

From my early 20s I knew I didn't want to father any children!

On 6/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, darkpoetess said:

People are nuts, what can I say? Too much time watching reality TV, not enough time reading books. 😅

BINGO! My sister in law being one.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:56 PM, Star Lion said:

There’s LGBT people that think we’re stupid and invalid because they think we’re claiming we split like amoebas 😂 then there’s the people, when you come out, who think you’re talking about the science term. If you say you’re asexual, you literally have to include the “no sexual attraction” part

I know I only knew of the biological meaning of asexual when I found out about AVEN in '05. It was one of the few things I remember from high school biology in '75/'76. I doubt very few members of the general public would know EITHER meaning if you asked 100 people at the main intersection in your city...

On 6/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, Green and Purple Dragon said:

I wouldn’t, not because I hate the idea of pregnancy, but because I can’t handle taking care of children.  I’ve seen how much children hold you back from doing other things (I’m not criticizing anyone with children, I’m just saying it’s a huge commitment) and I just don’t have an urge to commit to raising a human being.  I feel like pets (while still being a huge responsibility, and you must research before committing) are more up my alley as I can love my own baby while still having freedom for other things.  Plus, pregnancy is a pain (quite literally). However, if I did want a child and I was willing to stand even pregnancy, I guess I wouldn’t be too opposed to asexual reproduction.  

Too bad the people that have kids just for the sake of having kids wouldn't think twice. I have four rugrats being raised by a 'functionally literate' (as my cousin calls 'em) couple, two doors down.

The father (of the younger two) is a supposed computer geek but is as dumb as a stump when it comes to day to day stuff. The mother definitely wears the pants in the house and can be quite often heard yelling commands at him and the kids.

I recall the father walking past our house carrying his first newborn in his arms. He had a blank puzzled look on his face as if to say, "How did that happen?

SMH

On 6/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, Philip027 said:

It somehow never occurs to any of these people that words can have more than one meaning.

Anyway, I have no particular issue with reproduction in the traditional manner, or with reproductive organs.  I think in the latter case, being uncomfortable with the latter (your own, specifically) is less of an indicator of asexuality and more of an indicator of being trans to some degree.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, darkpoetess said:

I've encountered a number of people in the ace community who say they would have their reproductive organs removed if it were possible. Since I don't feel that way about myself I don't really know the cause other than what I've observed which is they want no association with sex to a point of not even having the organs. I don't believe that's an indicator of being transgender but rather being asexual physically. They want their bodies to match their orientation. 

On 6/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, Philip027 said:

Yeah but I mean like, most people that have no interest in reproducing (and also have no interest in sex) will just... not use their reproductive organs in that way.

There's a difference between just not using something that's there, and actively wanting it gone.  A lot of people don't like to listen, but it doesn't mean they want their ears cut off.

Sounds like a typical sort of nonbinary experience, to me anyway.  NBs care to weigh in?

As you said though, you don't feel this way (neither do I).  Disliking one's genitals to the point they'd rather have completely different (or nonexistent) ones is simply something more commonly associated with being trans, rather than asexuality.

Yikes!

Even though I knew for a long time that I was going to be using my genitals for reproductive purposes, I never had any thoughts of removing them.

(shivers)

On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, andreas1033 said:

For me, i was born asexual, and thats the way nature intended it to be.

Thats very similar to something I posted the other day. Nothing is going to change that either.

Twisted Tempest

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenope. 

Did I mention I wouldn't want that? 

I wouldn't be comfortable with having a biological child by whatever means, because there are some genetic issues in my family that I wouldn't want to pass on.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, Mary2000 said:

I want kids in the future, but I do not want to get pregnant. The process, the risks, the way it happens, all of it is completely unappealing to me. I´m either going to adopt or get a surrogate when I am ready to form a family.

I think that I might want children someday, but I'm 100% sure it's not going to happen the conventional way :D

As for my asexual cloning idea........................ no idea, it's almost too absurd 🤣

I don't have any problem with the idea of cloning people more generally.  It wouldn't be like duplicating a person- keep in mind, identical twins are naturally occurring clones, and they have distinct identities.

However, just like creating a child in the "traditional fashion", it wouldn't be something to take lightly.

32 minutes ago, Ardoise said:

However, just like creating a child in the "traditional fashion", it shouldn't be something to take lightly.

There I fixed it! ;)

• 1 month later...
Asexual of Myth & Legend

ABSOLUTELY NOT! The thought of pregnancy and childbirth have always terrified me, in fact, even though I have no desire to have sex, I would still like to have my tubes tied just to be safe. At least the way we reproduce now I have control over it, with asexual reproduction, it would happen whether I want it or not.

Archived