Does anyone else like strip clubs?

Georgetown

I enjoy them as a form of purchasable platonic (platonic as in “dry”) physical contact, though they are more expensive dollar per minute than professional cuddling, and strippers tend to be less sincere and classy than professional cuddlers as well.

It’s always funny seeing strippers react to my lack of arousal and generally talk about how much less demanding I am than other clients they give dances to or caress. Sometimes they are puzzled or concerned that I don’t want them to go any farther than basic hugging / holding contact (thought I do love my head to be nuzzled in someone’s bare breasts as much as anyone).

I’ve been to clubs in a few different states of America, and my impression is that Southern and Midwestern ones are the best value, though if you’re made of money, New York City has very high quality venues. Lots of “model” types and varied stripper options.

I of course feminist-wise support empowered non-exploitative safe professional cuddling, stripping, and even sex work. I think for many asexuals who still admire the beauty of the bare human body and also human touch, strip clubs can be a fun time. And if you have any doubts as to your orientation and you’re a man, you and others there will find out the truth very soon after you walk in... if you know what I’m getting at 🙂.

The whole feminism in sex workers thing is complicated... the camps of "it empowers women" and "it is exploitative" just have a hard time. I lean more towards the former. I want nothing to do with it and I suppose people are too obsessed with it, but I don't see sexuality or nudity as taboo as long as it is consenting.

I've only been to one, and I hated it. There isn't much to really do if you aren't into the strippers, so it is just really uncomfortable and boring. I'd much rather just sit around talking. And also, very expensive for really not much in return.

AceMissBehaving

I’ve only been to one once. The girls there were really nice, I loved chatting with them, and was impressed by their performances.

The environment as a whole though was too sexual for me to feel comfortable. I’m not sex negative, but I had a very clear feeling that I just didn’t get it, and that I was out of my element.

9 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

I’ve only been to one once. The girls there were really nice, I loved chatting with them, and was impressed by their performances.

The environment as a whole though was too sexual for me to feel comfortable. I’m not sex negative, but I had a very clear feeling that I just didn’t get it, and that I was out of my element.

Yeah, my first time I mainly enjoyed the chatting.

I embrace the uncomfortableness a little, and alcohol often helps 🙂. It also depends on the club. Is this a classy joint or a backwoods country joint or somewhere in between? Classier joints are sometimes more about alcohol and the show.

12 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

And I definitely don’t want to hear people talk too dirty...

Tried one, but it wasn't my scene. 

I really enjoyed my visit to a burlesque Cabaret. There was comedy (dirty talk forgiven) and nice performances (costumes, dance, singing, acrobatics).

But I would feel super awkward about being touched by the performers.

Grumpy Alien

As a sexual, it’s a huge nope from me

No I went to almost all the ones in Las Vegas for friends bachelor party, first off I overly sensitive to smells so I could smell all the booze, cigarette smoke and the overwhelming perfume that was coving up other smells.

If your interested in that stuff go to 18 and over they don’t sell alcohol and they don’t wear bottoms.

I love strip clubs. I get no sexual enjoyment out of them but I do like the environment and I've always had a lot of fun... Used to have a few dude friends, we'd go every Sunday. 🤷‍♀️ Strip clubs are a big deal here though, if I recall, Portland has the most, per capita? 

Here's a link to my post about my strip club experience, a few months before I turned 13.

I've never gone to one after that; they don't interest me.

Comrade F&F

Never went to one, and I don't think I'd enjoy it. I'm also not versed in telling the difference between a joint run professionally and one that exploits its employees, so I wouldn't go to any.

Spoiler

For example ...  I can go to watch a baseball game  or even play chess and it can be much more then a strip club at least to me... ☺️

My two cents.. A strip club can be almost  any place. To some it might be a baseball game or  a library.  So I would think that a strip club would be no different LOL 

I couldn't see myself being anything but bored.

17 hours ago, CBC said:

I was sure that must be a typo at first. Alas. What a mess haha. 😂

Ha! Yeah, that was.

Alejandrogynous
21 hours ago, Skullery Maid said:

I love strip clubs. I get no sexual enjoyment out of them but I do like the environment and I've always had a lot of fun...

Same. It's not sexual for me at all but I like the environment and hyping up the dancers. It's just a good time. It depends on the club though, obviously.

AceMissBehaving
22 hours ago, Georgetown said:

Yeah, my first time I mainly enjoyed the chatting.

I embrace the uncomfortableness a little, and alcohol often helps 🙂. It also depends on the club. Is this a classy joint or a backwoods country joint or somewhere in between? Classier joints are sometimes more about alcohol and the show.

I think I just didn’t dig the physical contact stuff happening around me. I love going to pole and burlesque shows though, those are I think more my vibe, and I could see the really upscale joints being a bit more like those.

I have never been to one and have no interest in doing so. It sounds like a waste of money to me and I have 0 interest in seeing people in next to no clothing. 

Spoiler

The thought of nudity weirds me out to the point where there are a few video games that I’m interested in playing one day but avoid playing for the simple fact that I’ve heard that there is nudity in it.

Aimeendfire

I would not be opposed to going to one but just because it takes great skill and muscles to dance on poles like that. I meant have you seen pole dancers. I would consider taking pole dancing classes as an exercise if I wasn’t afraid of busting my ass. :P

I’ve never been and don’t think I would enjoy it. I think I’d just be too uncomfortably awkward. I do enjoy drag shows, but I don’t really like having any sort of contact with the performers, though I’m not huge on being touched by people in general. 

FaceofBase

I've been to many strip clubs and I think they're great. I think women are beautiful even if I don't want to have sex with them and #sexworkiswork 

Only been to some pretty seedy ones, overpriced crap beer and being forced into private lap dances by my friends. Not fun.

nerdography

I’ve never been and don’t plan on going. I mind tells me it would smell like cigarettes and body order and triggers my germaphobia.

katinthehat

I have respect for anyone who can pole dance well because you have to be super strong. Although I've never been to a strip club, I think I'd enjoy the dancing portion.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was working it was a monthly visit for myself and a few co-workers. This was even after I knew I was asexual. I guess it was my aesthetic attraction that drew me to it.

Ringmaster04

I'll go with some friends if that's where they want to go. I actually appreciate the work that the performers put in and can at least appreciate the art form even if I'm not experiencing any of the sensations my friends might be. 

If the girl is a good pole dancer you have to admit there is some athletic ability involved.

Archived