Feeling demigirl, but unsure...

shortieQueen

shortieQueen

Okay, so I think Demigirl means im mostly female, but also a little male. Is that right? Cause that’s how I feel and I’m just not clear on this topic. (I’m like 85% female, 15% male. AFAB.)

Basically im asking, what exactly defines demigirl? 

Thanks!

shortieQueen

shortieQueen

Thank you so much! I’m really new to the LGBTQIA+ community, so things are a little crazy, lol. 

This is really helped, thank you!

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Gender Discussion'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Demigirl can mean a partial connection to being a girl (but not quite) as kelico said above. It can used to describe a mixture of genders or just a weak connection to one. Usually I’ve seen it used as a combination of girl and non-binary genders (e.g. girl and agender), but bare in mind that there isn’t one definition for these kinds of things and experiences are different.

Bigender (also an umbrella term which demigender falls under) is most commonly used as a mixture of male and female. Androgyne can also be used for somewhere in the middle of male and female.

I can’t decide for you and I can only give you general advice as lots of definitions are open to interpretation. But from experience, if demigirl fits you and you’re comfortable with it, it’s as good a label as anything else. You don’t have to decide straight away; you can change your mind whenever you want.

Good luck!

Archived