What's it like dealing with the public?

Eva Blue

My own story goes: I went to the doctor's office to talk about some abdomen pain, and we go through the whole "do you smoke? do you drink? Are you allergic to anything?" And I found it quite humorous how often I just said "I don't have sex" (it's just easier) when he got to the sexual questions.

"Pregnancy?"

"I don't have sex"

"New sexual partners?"

"I don't have sex"

"Last sexual encounter?"

"I don't have sex"

It made the hours of waiting worth it, haha. What are some of your experiences with the public?

The public generally drive me mad. Because I work in customer service.

I did once get asked by a doctor if I was pregnant at which point I answered - not unless it was the immaculate conception.

It is hell. I avoid it as much as possible.

College was the worst in that regard. No random guy at the bus stop I won’t give you my number. No person on campus with a petition I don’t want to sign it. Please professor don’t make me do another group project.

I have to deal with the public, it sort of goes with my job :P:P. I find it's the 1% who frustrate whilst 99% are fine, but you only remember the 1%

Lol why did he keep asking those questions after you said that you don't have sex for the first time? Such a waste of time XD From me they just ask if I've had sex recently and after I say no they don't ask any more sexuality related questions  

rainbowocollie

It's surprisingly not as scary as my socially anxious self was fearing. I deal with the public as part of my job. Most of the people are nice, there's a few people who are grumpy or rude, but I'm surprised by how well I've handled that.

SorryNotSorry

The one thing that irritates me most about the public is how tunnel-visioned they act. Next up is how unimaginative the public are.

Normies. Gotta love 'em.

11 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Next up is how unimaginative the public are.

I got called out on being unimaginative. My stance is that reality is weird enough though, no need to make stuff up.

SorryNotSorry
2 minutes ago, Homer said:

My stance is that reality is weird enough though, no need to make stuff up.

You won't get any argument from me there.

I simply stopped going to the gynecologist. It was torture to begin with, and I don't feel like telling some middle-aged straight dude I barely know that I haven't had sex in 12 years nor will I ever bother with it again. I have no need for pills and they made me sick anyway. I'd rather put up with a short and somewhat irregular cycle than feel extreme nausea for 2 days every month. 

I worked in customer service jobs for a couple of years many moons ago. I don’t know how I did it without ending up in the psych ward.

Fluffy Femme Guy
18 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

The one thing that irritates me most about the public is how tunnel-visioned they act. Next up is how unimaginative the public are.

Normies. Gotta love 'em. 

I hear ya!

I work in the warehouse part of a large groccery store so I don't deal with the public as part of my job very much.

IDK if I give off some odd vibes or something, but I'm generally left alone when I'm out and about.
I've never gotten hit on or flirted with by random strangers as far as I could tell.

They have very little self preservation instinct.

As an ex-lifeguard the number of times I’ve had to stop people diving head first into 90cm of water, or stopped them letting their two year old go in the 8m diving pool. It is still physically painful to see people do these things because I’ve seen first hand the consequences of those poor decisions 😔

DuranDuranfan

As someone with an ASD the public can be so damn confusing and illogical that it really makes my head want to implode! As the Vulcans say, “Savagely illogical”, and as the Ferengi say, “Silly humans”(pronounce it hu-mahns).

It's weird how individuals can be sensible and yet put them in a group...

it depends on the public as there is a mix.

There's the really sweet people who are just grateful for help.

There's the people who like to argue with you.

There's the people who know more than you do.

There's the people who like to double down on everything.

There's the spawns on hell.

There's the people who lie for unknown reasons

There's the people who don't ever blip on your radar

On 6/25/2019 at 6:24 AM, Salmiakki said:

Lol why did he keep asking those questions after you said that you don't have sex for the first time?

I guess he was either just reading off his clip-board list, or he couldn't believe a college aged girl was NOT having sex and coming in for an exam. :^/ Most people are confused when I tell them, but I guess that's what happens in this community lol.

On 6/27/2019 at 5:44 PM, Lichley said:

They have very little self preservation instinct.

I get that! I'm working in a hotel, and watching the people try to move their things gives me SUCH anxiety 😅. That, on top of how often you try to kindly show them how to unlock their rooms or show them the housekeeping schedule just to get annoyed and then CONTINUE TO MESS UP just leaves me exasperated.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, operalover said:

I simply stopped going to the gynecologist. It was torture to begin with, and I don't feel like telling some middle-aged straight dude I barely know that I haven't had sex in 12 years nor will I ever bother with it again.

I feel you on that. My 1st experience, she just went to town down there before I said "I'm a virgin! Stop." And she became really flustered and said "you should have told me". Scared me off for a good while, but afterwards I found that as long as you build a relationship with your doc (you can also choose their gender), it's good to make sure you're healthy down there imo.

Archived