• Other
    • I am not agender
  2. 2. As a neutrois person...

• I am genderless
    • I am gender-neutral
    • I have a distinct gender which is separate from M or F
    • Other
    • I am not neutrois

I know that there is no single definition for agender or neutrois as everyone has different and equally valid experiences, so I’m curious to see what people who identify as such describe themselves as.

This is not the definition you agree with or the one you think is “right”; this is about how you identify. 

I’ve just included the most common definitions that I could find, so feel free to tell me if I’ve missed something off.  :) 

Just Somebody

The mirror metaphor that distinguishes agender/genderless from neutrois/gender neutral makes it quite easier to understand.

Imagine that everybody has a mirror and that mirror is your gender identity.

Let's say guys have blue (im just using this color bc it makes it easier to understand bc how we are raised taught societal gender stereotypes, but it could be any color) colored  glass mirrors because their gender identity is of a man 

And let's say women have pink (again I'm just using these colors because i think it makes easier to understand) colored glass mirrors a their gender identity is of a woman 

Now here's the breaking point....

Neutrois people would  have a colorless glass mirror because their gender identity is gender neutral

And the agenders/genderless people would  have a mirror lacking the glass itself because their gender identity is the lack of a gender identification with any other gender identity.

I also say this because my gender identity is genderfluid/polygender and I happen to have "different kinds of mirrors" that switch, each at a  different moment, 2 of those also happen to be neutrois/gender neutral and agender/genderless. 

34 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

The mirror metaphor that distinguishes agender/genderless from neutrois/gender neutral makes it quite easier to understand.

Image that everybody has a mirror and that mirror is your gender identity.

Let's say guys have blue (im just using this color bc it makes it easier to understand bc how we are raised taught societal gender stereotypes, but it could be any color) colored  glass mirrors because their gender identity is of a man 

And let's say women have pink (again I'm just using these colors because i think it makes easier to understand) colored glass mirrors a their gender identity is of a woman 

Now here's the breaking point....

Neutrois people would  have a colorless glass mirror because their gender identity is gender neutral

And the agenders/genderless people would  have a mirror lacking the glass itself because their gender identity is the lack of a gender identification with any other gender identity.

I also say this because my gender identity is genderfluid/polygender and I happen to have "different kinds of mirrors" at different moments, 2 of those also happen to be neutrois/gender neutral and agender/genderless. 

Interesting way of describing the difference between neutral and null (I heard a similar metaphor that helped me a while back). 

Non-binary genders are notoriously difficult to categorise, so to be honest, whether someone assumes neutrois, agender, both or neither is a matter of personal preference or connection to a particular term. :) 

Just Somebody
14 minutes ago, Morgan123 said:

Interesting way of describing the difference between neutral and null (I heard a similar metaphor that helped me a while back). 

Non-binary genders are notoriously difficult to categorise, so to be honest, whether someone assumes neutrois, agender, both or neither is a matter of personal preference or connection to a particular term. :) 

That's what gender identification is all about, can't deny that identities have both personal and social meanings/impacts.

Archived