Aromanticism in Relationships?

HecateYada

So, here's a question I've wondered for a while:

Aromanticism is not experiencing romantic attraction, correct? 

What if you were a person who didn't experience romantic attraction, but could still romantically reciprocate feelings that were given? Like, would you be considered Aro if you didn't feel romantically attracted, but still felt romantic feelings? Are romantic feelings the same as romantic attraction? In the same way as asexuality- Asexuals can still like sex and feel aroused even if they're not attracted. 

Am I making sense? 

Ahhhh I'm so distressed!!! 

RakshaTheCat

I have no idea what 'romantic feelings' are to be honest... I mean, what's the difference between them and just liking someone a lot? 😺

letusdeleteouraccounts

I’m not completely understanding your post but the only thing that makes you aromantic is the fact that you don’t have desire towards anyone for romantic partnership. You basically have no urge to walk up to anyone asking them to be your boyfriend or girlfriend (or your date if it’s an enby)

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Romantic and Aromantic Orientations'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

Aromanticism is a lack of Romantic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to be in a romantic relationship with someone.

I've never had romantic feelings, but I'd say yes, for the same reason an Asexual can experience arousal.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 'Woodlands, Meadow and Fields' Cake,

gqowdbah5n09bolwobsl.jpg

Anthracite_Impreza
10 hours ago, HecateYada said:

Like, would you be considered Aro if you didn't feel romantically attracted, but still felt romantic feelings?

Romantic attraction is, by its very nature, having romantic feelings, and aros don't have those. An aro could theoretically 'act' romantically, but they wouldn't be feeling it.

11 hours ago, HecateYada said:

Like, would you be considered Aro if you didn't feel romantically attracted, but still felt romantic feelings?

That's a contradiction.

Archived