the future of binding part 2 (genderfluidity)

Just Somebody

Captain_Tass

Wow, this is amazing! Definitely getting one once it hits the market!

4 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

Where's all the gender non-conforming scientists at ?

Agender future biologist here, do I count?

Just Somebody
15 hours ago, Life Of Tass said:

Wow, this is amazing! Definitely getting one once it hits the market!

Agender future biologist here, do I count?

Oh please make me smile tell us you're gonna work for the well-being of our GNC community.

20 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

Where's all the gender non-conforming scientists at ?

This isn’t my cup of tea, but I kinda know how to make a adjustable binder and small little changes that most people won’t easily detect.

Including customizing t-shirts to appear like there is less (or more) shadows or depth by choosing a lighter or darker color of thread(s). 

Just Somebody
6 hours ago, ColeHW said:

This isn’t my cup of tea, but I kinda know how to make a adjustable binder and small little changes that most people won’t easily detect.

Including customizing t-shirts to appear like there is less (or more) shadows or depth by choosing a lighter or darker color of thread(s). 

The  big deal with binders is the cons that comes with their using.

An ideal binder would be one that, while being able to compress big breast sizes to believable masculine proportions as it should, could also be comfortable to wear for long term if not life time (even if its just a few hours per day) as an alternative to not having to pass through the life threats of surgeries at all.

Even the most popular and most accepted in general binders (because they do the compress job but also doesn't damage your body a lot in short term) that are the commercial binders brands, are still a lot uncomfortable for daily use even if it's used as recommended and just for some limited hours of socialization, causing a bunch of worries from smallest ones like rashes, blisters, allergies, chafing, and other skin diseases, sensibility loss in breasts, if not worst scenarios like cracked or broken ribs that could punctuate lungs and painfully kill. (You can Google studies on the researches about side effects of binder use, specially long term and even if used as brands recommend)

As for my other post on the subject (part 1): https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/186339-tw-the-future-of-binding-genderfluidity/

Apparently, kinesiology tapes like the commercial brands KT tape and TransTape are somewhat of a popular progress as I heard if properly placed it doesn't interfere with breathing,  ribs and lungs at all and the majority of the concerns that are very common are about skin diseases from usage like skin rashes, allergies, blisters, chafing, infections, etc.

But still it's unknown what's the side effects of long term usage (let's say for decades ).

Gender non-conforming (gnc ) including Transgender health,  care and wellbeing has been ever since an neglected invisible research field with small payoffs. 

Captain_Tass
8 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

Oh please make me smile tell us you're gonna work for the well-being of our GNC community.

Of course I will! Already having (very) small scale activism in my life, such as writing "trans rights" and the nonbinary symbol everywhere and explaining to idiots claiming that "there are only two genders" that biology has proven them wrong time and time again, as well as the difference between gender and biological sex. If I could help out our community more actively, it would be really great!

Just Somebody
8 hours ago, Life Of Tass said:

Of course I will! Already having (very) small scale activism in my life, such as writing "trans rights" and the nonbinary symbol everywhere and explaining to idiots claiming that "there are only two genders" that biology has proven them wrong time and time again, as well as the difference between gender and biological sex. If I could help out our community more actively, it would be really great!

That's a starting point. Nice.

Archived