Anyone Else Loving Good Omens?

PastelBread

PastelBread

I am absolutely obsessed with Good Omens right now. I love the two main characters and I really feel like they are a mainstream representation of an asexual relationship. 

I know that other people will write them as not ace, and that is ok! It just seems canon that they are ace. I totally ship ineffable husbands and I hope you guys have seen GO too so we can fan.

I am working on an Aziraphale cosplay and Good Omens Ita Bag too!

I am so very in love. I'm on episode two right now, because I just discovered it yesterday. I love Terry Prachett anyway, so I was un-surprised when I feel in love with this show. I think they could definitely be ace or at the very least supremely uninterested. 

firewallflower

Not watching it (much as I'd love to, I don't have the time), but the book is fantastic. :)

PastelBread
1 hour ago, Evren said:

I am so very in love. I'm on episode two right now, because I just discovered it yesterday. I love Terry Prachett anyway, so I was un-surprised when I feel in love with this show. I think they could definitely be ace or at the very least supremely uninterested. 

The actors for Crowley and Aziraphale have expressed how much they love each other in the show, so I am pretty sure that they played it to where they were at least a little bit in love. 😮

17 minutes ago, PastelBread said:

The actors for Crowley and Aziraphale have expressed how much they love each other in the show, so I am pretty sure that they played it to where they were at least a little bit in love. 😮

Oh definitely, I just meant uninterested in sex. They're adorable together. I'm watching episode 3 right now and I love their Arrangement. Aziraphale is a bit dark for an angel, but then Crowley is a bit light for a demon so they balance each other out. 

Oh no the bookstore. 

PastelBread
2 hours ago, Evren said:

Oh definitely, I just meant uninterested in sex. They're adorable together. I'm watching episode 3 right now and I love their Arrangement. Aziraphale is a bit dark for an angel, but then Crowley is a bit light for a demon so they balance each other out. 

OH! I see! Sorry, I misunderstood. Fun fact: they used to be one character. They were split into two!

Also oh yeah. :( Did you not read the book?

3 hours ago, Evren said:

Oh no the bookstore. 

This made me laugh, I love that you posted in-real-watch-time lol

Like PastelBread I'm assuming you haven't read the book? (also super curious how you feel about the non-Aziraphale/Crowley parts if you're a non-reader, I was reading somewhere that people thought those parts of the show would feel strange to people not familiar  with the story, and now I'm weirdly curious but don't actually know any non-readers who I can convince to watch)

PastelBread
16 minutes ago, madarc said:

I was reading somewhere that people thought those parts of the show would feel strange to people not familiar  with the story, and now I'm weirdly curious but don't actually know any non-readers who I can convince to watch)

I made both my parents watch it and they have not read it! They seemed to enjoy and understand it! I had to explain some minor details like why the Bentley was always playing Queen, but I think they fleshed out the story well.

5 hours ago, madarc said:

This made me laugh, I love that you posted in-real-watch-time lol

Like PastelBread I'm assuming you haven't read the book? (also super curious how you feel about the non-Aziraphale/Crowley parts if you're a non-reader, I was reading somewhere that people thought those parts of the show would feel strange to people not familiar  with the story, and now I'm weirdly curious but don't actually know any non-readers who I can convince to watch)

I have not read the book yet. It was on my list but I've had a hard time reading lately. After a day of work and then making dinner and everything, watching seems much easier. I haven't been really confused at all. I just assumed Crowley liked Queen music and I definently don't fault his taste :P. The time jumps in episode 3 were a little confusing but I think I kept up fairly well. I'm definitely bumping the book to the top of my list. I can tell I'm missing small details as I watch. (Like I assume the book describes their arrangment in more detail)

PastelBread

Yeah definitely. Also in the book, the footnotes are hilarious and add to the story in great ways as well. 

"You can't posses them"

"Demons can."

Ohhhhh Aziraphale, you go, angel.

The little fat lizard thing is cute. I love his tiny medals. 

I am having a moment here. OMG I love Crowley 

yay the bookshop is back. and the Bentley :D

On 6/19/2019 at 12:16 AM, PastelBread said:

I had to explain some minor details like why the Bentley was always playing Queen, but I think they fleshed out the story well.

OMG I didn't realize that they never explained why the Bentley was always playing Queen! 😂😂😂 I guess the explanation would be hard to work in, but they could've just had an aside with the God narration. I thought that was one of the funniest things.

Also, my favorite moments have to be in the first episode when Aziraphale puts his wing to shield Crowley from the rain and in the third when Crowley walks enters a church to stop Aziraphale from being shot.

• 2 months later...

Watched it, loved it, became OBSESSED with it! (Honestly, only two things so far - Hannibal and Sherlock - made me feel this enchated and this thoroughly in love!!)

I agree they're basically two married ace beings. I can't get enough of their interactions! All the looks and little gestures of affection! The fact that Zira's got Crow wrapped around his finger and takes advantage of it (French dungeons+crepes? The spot on his coat?..) and THE FACT THAT CROWLEY MUST KNOW BUT APPARENTLY DOESN'T CARE :')))

Usually I am all for angst and intense, hurtful emotions but this fandom has exposed my cold, dry heart to so much softness and warmth that I have no idea what to do with it :'3

Also - the freaking costumes are brilliant! And the music! And the whole aesthetics!

And, of course, all the genderless things, POCs, strong female characters and things like that. Allmighty above, I love it.

And, OF COURSE, Michael Sheen completely shipping them and saying it everytime he gets the chance. Deer lord, I adore him.

Is there anything at all (apart from Shadwell whom I can't help but dislike) that's not good about it?

• 10 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, Evren said:

"You can't posses them"

"Demons can."

Ohhhhh Aziraphale, you go, angel.

The look on his face when he says that is one of my favorite things.

Archived