Inclusive Gay Street Sign for Pride in NYC

AceMissBehaving

AceMissBehaving

Gay street in NYC got a rainbow makeover for pride, and for the next two weeks it's called “Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Nonbinary, Pansexual, Two Spirit, + Street.” 

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/06/nyc-temporarily-renames-gay-street-inclusive-world-pride/

Cool. But too bad the asexual sign is white text on a yellow background, making it the least visible/hardest to read. 

AceMissBehaving
23 minutes ago, daveb said:

Cool. But to bad the asexual sign is white text on a yellow background, making it the least visible/hardest to read. 

Ha I thought that too, but then I remembered yellow is a lovely sunny color, so we’re shining bright!💛

Looking on the bright side, eh? :P 

Well at least they remembered that we exist.

Really don't mean to be bitchy, this is half tongue in cheek... "At least they remembered me" reminds me a lot of my life in general.

2 hours ago, daveb said:

Cool. But too bad the asexual sign is white text on a yellow background, making it the least visible/hardest to read. 

2 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

Ha I thought that too, but then I remembered yellow is a lovely sunny color, so we’re shining bright!💛

Yes. At first, I couldn't even find the "Asexual" sign for a few seconds because the yellow and white text made it harder to read; I looked at the bottom of the sign, expecting to see it down there (and purple, as usual), but when it wasn't there, I was confused and almost thought "asexual" had been left out.

:) I feel the same way. Although, it's not purple, this time, it's different, and that's okay. 

AceMissBehaving
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Looking on the bright side, eh? :P 

Of course!

everywhere and nowhere
19 hours ago, daveb said:

Exactly what I thought. When will some people remember that yellow on white or white on yellow is really hard to read?

• 2 weeks later...
Anony-moose
On 6/19/2019 at 12:04 AM, daveb said:

Kind of love the irony in that, not gonna lie

AceMissBehaving
31 minutes ago, Anony-moose said:

Kind of love the irony in that, not gonna lie

Ha I missed that first! Touché New York!

Archived