Stand-up Comedy show about Asexuality touring across the UK

TheAceOfShards

TheAceOfShards

Hi everyone!

You may remember me from a few months back when I announced that I had debuted my stand-up comedy show all about Asexuality: "(A)sexy and I know it" at the Glasgow International Comedy Festival. Well, after a successful sold out performance and a lot of hard work, i'm now pleased to announce that my show is now touring across the UK with plans to continue on into next year! It's a show all about my experiences as an asexual guy trying to find his place in a sex-obsessed world. It has stories of high stakes, bakes, queerness and cakes, and with puns and props a-plenty. 

Below are the following dates that the show is booked to perform:

. Norwich at the Brewdog on the 20th of June at 8pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/398181400745554/?event_time_id=398181444078883

. Newcastle at Ernest on the 21st of July at 6:30pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/295147514764341/

. York at The Basement on 23rd of July at 9:30pm (Great Yorkshire Fringe): https://www.greatyorkshirefringe.com/venues/the-basement/eliott-simpson-asexy-and-i-know-it/?fbclid=IwAR1oyIsQ_SZtQMUTElS4eJWoS8G0wE2QsNCDgRSOmKaz7PVVcU46e0Dwqog

. Edinburgh at Bar 50 - Marquee from 17th-25th August at 11:45am (Edinburgh Fringe): https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/eliott-simpson-a-sexy-and-i-know-it-1

Because it's still a relatively new show, the show is only 45 minutes long (35 minutes for the Edinburgh Fringe run), but if all goes well, the plan is to develop it and eventually make it an hour long show that I plan to tour across the whole of the UK and possibly beyond!

If any of you are UK bound or are visiting Edinburgh for the Fringe this year, any support you can give would mean the world to me. I've been doing comedy for a while now, but planning and putting on a solo stand up show is incredibly nerve-wracking and scary. I don't think a stand-up show about asexuality has ever been done before, so this show really means a lot to me, and if any of you come to see it I hope you'll enjoy it! Thanks everyone!

Wow, congratulations! That's amazing!

I'm too far away to support you in person, but I do have a friend in Edinburgh that I can pass this along to...

Good luck!

Hello! Lover-of-puns here! *waves* Recently moved to Aberdeen but will travel to your performance as long as I'm not required at work (potentially Sat 24th). All the very best on the day! ^_^

• 1 month later...

I would love to come and see your show (again—I saw you in Glasgow). Alas, I am too far from Edinburgh for it to be practical.

Good luck! I hope the Edinburgh show goes brilliantly! I also trust that the other shows have been successes.

For anyone who is tempted by this, go! It’ll be good great!

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, thequietplace said:

Didn't know about this would have been good to be at one of them...

Hi. I'm sorry to hear you missed this show. I haven't seen it, yet, either, as I'm not in the U.K.

However, perhaps, you might find this previous post (from another thread) from @TheAceOfShards helpful, with Facebook and Twitter links to upcoming shows (in case you might be able to see a future show).

TheAceOfShards
On 8/26/2019 at 2:27 AM, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Hi. I'm sorry to hear you missed this show. I haven't seen it, yet, either, as I'm not in the U.K.

However, perhaps, you might find this previous post (from another thread) from @TheAceOfShards helpful, with Facebook and Twitter links to upcoming shows (in case you might be able to see a future show).

Thanks very much, and so sorry to anyone who missed the show! Rest assured there will be more performances up and coming. This year was very much a short trial run year to test the waters and try things out. I'm very happy with where the show is now, so I hope to start touring an hour long version of it next year to different festivals. You can keep up with updates via my facebook (@eliottsockfacesimpson) and twitter (@SockfaceSimpson) and instagram (@sockfacesimpson)

• 3 months later...

:) Hey, everyone! I just thought those of you following Eliott's thread might be interested in seeing this comedy clip he's done that another member found. Here's the thread, with the video. 

Archived