tvguide.com — The Trouble With Todd

Homer

It feels like every conversation with my friends inevitably turns into a discussion about sex. We are all adults after all, and sex is seen as a normal part of everyone's lives. As my friends talk about how their partners please them in bed and their sexcapades, I chuckle along with the others at the funny moments, but mostly remain silent and slightly uncomfortable.

June 17 - https://www.tvguide.com/news/bojack-horseman-todd-asexual-representation/

Member131995

OMG, I just read this article earlier today. I have to say, I echo some of these sentiments, a lot of them, of the author. I love BJH. But...Todd representation is...hmmm...

I guess no matter what an asexual character on a TV show looks like, there will be people who don't like it. (Disclaimer: I haven't watched the show.)

AceMissBehaving

Aww I personally love Todd. I find him to be one of the best intentioned characters on the show, and his “I think I might be nothing” made me tear up, it was one of the most relatable tv moments I’ve ever felt. 

I think because we have this one character we all want to see ourselves in him, which is of course impossible. Maybe I feel more positively about him  because I’m closer to a Todd than a Yolanda in a lot of ways, and he’s the kind of character I find myself rooting for.

Archived